Honored Contributor

I will not be watching any of the events, to be honest I can't believe they haven't been cancelled.

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I will not be watching any of the events, to be honest I can't believe they haven't been cancelled.

@SydneyH 

Too much money would be lost by, you know who! It's too bad our country didn't do what was done in 1980 for the summer games. 

It is a dangerous place to send the US Athletes, for many different reasons. The IOC tells them all to "take only burner cell phones"! Everything they say will be heard and every move they make will be monitored.

Scary to me even to think of them going into that country(?). 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor
I love watching the Olympics and I’m very excited to watch next week. However, I just watched real sports with Bryant Gumbel and was horrified to find out about the brutal treatment of Uyghurs and part of me wants to boycott watching it.
Respected Contributor

I do not understand 'curling' being an event to render a gold medal.  I can walk out on my frozen patio with a broom and do the same thing.

Honored Contributor

I am not interested at all.  I feel they should had been in a different country, not China.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Figure skating & toboggan.  Having a problem in that Dish has removed NBC for months now.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 I will be watching,but can't believe our president is letting the us participate,considering the pandemic is still around.so that means,spectators who go to the Olympics, will possibly come back to their state,and spread it to the community where they live.visious cycle!

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

I may watch some of the events, but my most favorite was Lillehammer 1994 Olympic Winter Games........

Mine too and those from Albertville France. Both beautiful sites for winter sports.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I believe foreign spectators have been banned by China so the issue of those attending returning to enhance the pandemic yet further wouldn't seem to be an issue.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Figure skating & toboggan.  Having a problem in that Dish has removed NBC for months now.

@barrel racer 

If you are talking about Dish Network, here we still get the major NBC Network, but they dropped the NBCSP Network.

It could me a contract issue between your local station that provides Dish Network, which we have had a couple times with the ABC Network and Dish.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)