Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Mom2DogsYep -  for years, I had free shuttle service from the dealership to home and later back again, almost always used it no matter what they were doing with the car.   I do believe for businesses they had the pick-up service you have.

My current car came from the closest dealer for my new brand and it's far enough away that the service doesn't apply.   May return to my old brand when my lease expires next spring just to be within shuttle distance  -   if I can find a vehicle I want. 

We really like the shuttle service provided by our dealership.  And the driver always thanks us for using the service, which keeps him/her employed.

Honored Contributor

Interesting - I haven't heard of places that let you stay in your car while they do the work.  Has it always been that way?  Or just now, because it's safer than sitting in their waiting room?  I suppose they'd have to let you out if your car had to go up on the lift.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Interesting - I haven't heard of places that let you stay in your car while they do the work.  Has it always been that way?  Or just now, because it's safer than sitting in their waiting room?  I suppose they'd have to let you out if your car had to go up on the lift.

Different places have different set ups.

The place that I went to, has always been where you stay inside your car, while they changed your oil.

The place that I went to us less than 1/4 mile from my house, so you can't beat how close it is.

Oh, and all workers and customers were wearing masks.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE BEAUTIFUL ride!  But my computer monitor is messed up because it looks pearl white (my fav color) and I'm sure it is RED!   Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Our Valvoline actually started this maybe close to a year ago. You don't have to stay in. I actually went yesterday and stayed in the car because I thought maybe it was the rule for now and I asked they guy if they mind that. He said they actually prefer you stay in. It's quicker than running back and forth to the waiting room showing you filters and the oil level I guess. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE BEAUTIFUL ride!  But my computer monitor is messed up because it looks pearl white (my fav color) and I'm sure it is RED!   Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

tee hee, tee hee  I'm wanting one of those lock and lock XL containers now I check everyday to see if they're back in stock.

I'd like either red or pink

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

maxresdefault.jpg

ls.jpg

This is how my oil change place is set up.

There are three bays, and you drive in, with your vehicle straddling a yellow grate that the person in the pit below can open and close, and that's how they change your oil.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I guess you only work 5 miles from home lol. 6 years and only 80,000 miles.  You are within the range because i remember when most vehicles average 12,000 miles per year but now people work further away.

Esteemed Contributor

You might as well stay in your car because by the time you get out of your car, walk twelve steps, they are finished.

My nephew went to Jiffy Lube and they messed up his car, so my other nephew had to come up from Floria to fix it. Now Jiffy Lube is on our ¨AVOID¨ list.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  I love vans. My last van was white also.  I know you can hit 10 stores in one day so all I can say is, have fun.