Honored Contributor

I was checking my email and found something in my spam folder. It was supposedly from Amazon

SUSPENDED

Dear Customer

We have faced some problems with your account. So please update your account details. If you do not update your account within 24 hours (from opening this email) will be officially permanently disabled.

We hope to see you again.

They have a link update now to click on. My first impression is it's a scam, something about the grammar and how the sentences are set up. I called customer service and there is no one to answer my call. I placed an order earlier this week, I'm suppose to get it on Sunday (Lasership). I'm going to ignore it, I think there is a good possibility it's a scam, what do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Of course it's a scam!

Just leave in your spam folder.

Problem solved.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Re: What Do You Think

[ Edited ]

Jordan, never click on a link. If you think there could be a problem with your account, sign in to it the way you usually do and check to see if everything looks ok. The email you received is most likely a scam. 

Esteemed Contributor

Always go to the Amazon website and check your order or account status. DO NOT reply to this type of email. It is a scam. Same for USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.

Respected Contributor

It was in your Spam folder for a reason.  i've had emails in my junk and spam folder from Paypal and UPS.  I don't even open them, just delete.

Honored Contributor

Okay, thanks, I will delete it.

Honored Contributor

SCAM!

I haven't had an account for years, so it almost amuses me when 3 or 4 people in the same week tell me my account is going to be suspended if I don't click on their link!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

It's a Scam!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

How do these people get away with using these scare tactics? I can't be the only one that was sent this email. Amazon should take legal action against them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

How do these people get away with using these scare tactics? I can't be the only one that was sent this email. Amazon should take legal action against them. 

A lot of these scams originate overseas, and it's not worth the time and trouble to go after them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.