Respected Contributor

Okay. This came from Slate so I can't vouch for accuracy but this came up on my fb feed . 

"CNN Claimed to Spot an ISIS Flag at a Gay Pride March. It Was Actually a Drawing of S*x Toys.

On Saturday, CNN devoted an entire segment to what it called "an ISIS flag among a sea of rainbow colors." CNN International's Lucy Pawle described spotting the flag at a gay pride march in London. She pronounced it to be "an attempt to mimic the ISIS flag, the black-white flag with distinctive lettering." Upon seeing the flag, she reported it to nearby police. She noted, however, that if you "look at the flag closely," you'll see "it's clearly not Arabic."

Pawle is correct that the flag is not in Arabic. It is, in fact, not in any language. Rather, it consists of crude drawings of s*x toys."

Watch the video. Um... what?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/06/27/isis_flag_at_pride_march_cnn_those_are_sex_toys.html

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Another good reason why I don't watch CNN.  Since the Malaysian airplane disappearance, I've been turned off by their over the top reporting.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

I'm not going to look at the video but I would think its from someone who is anti gay.

Honored Contributor

I also tried watching  that same station and didn't like how the news story was reported so i turned the channel to one of my local station!!.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I'm not going to look at the video but I would think its from someone who is anti gay.

The man carrying the flag was a supporter participating in the London Gay Pride parade but CNN (the person interviewed) misidentified it as an ISIS flag because it was in black and white and the writing looked a bit like Arabic. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Just a guess, but it could have been a slap at Isis, mocking their anti-gay stance.

The reporter in London certainly jumped to conclusions.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

How embarrassing for CNN. Just looking at a still photo, never mind a video, is kinda obvious. LOL.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Just a guess, but it could have been a slap at Isis, mocking their anti-gay stance.

It would appear the reporter was neither too bright nor terribly worldly.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Yes, that's what I thought. I hope people weren't alarmed when they heard about it. That could have caused a stampede. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Hi Smaug,

No one in their right mind would equate an Isis flag with toys like that, not unless they had a death wish.

I think it had to be mocking the Isis flag.

And what a bad reporter, making assumptions like that without checking it out Woman Surprised

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices