Regular Contributor

Forget the Hearts and Contributor Designations...

[ Edited ]
Does anyone else think it's creepy that they're tracking who's online and how many minutes they've been on? Also, how many minutes they've been idle. Weird
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Forget the Hearts and Contributor Designations...

YES!!!

Honored Contributor

Are you talking about these boards? If so, where's the info about tracking us?
Honored Contributor

@Tenners wrote:
Does anyone else think it's creepy that they're tracking who's online and how many minutes they've been on? Also, how many minutes they've been idle. Weird

Where do you see this?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don't think it's unusual.  I go on several other boards that interest me (unrelated to QVC and online shopping) and they all have similar tracking features.

Respected Contributor

You didn't think this was set up just for us to chat...did you?  Everything having to do with QVC is all about market research.   They can study posting patterns here to see if forums are an effective strategy for buying.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I don't think it's unusual.  I go on several other boards that interest me (unrelated to QVC and online shopping) and they all have similar tracking features.

I agree. Google is notorious for tracking users and everything they do online!

That's why I use a search engine called 'Startpage' instead of going directly to Google. They don't track you at all and the info is from Google. They act as a middle-man, so to speak and it's free! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

When they first started this new setup, we were removed from being signed in if we didn't post almost every second......but that has changed.  I can sign in and go to my e-mail or any other place I wish to, and come back and continue to be signed in.

As far as their keeping track of us, I don't believe they are doing that the way you think they are.  They do have to be sure of who is posting.

What I don't understand and why they do it is to designate what kind of contributor we are.  I really don't go along with that concept.......and their reasoning behind it.

Regular Contributor

Forget the Hearts and Contributor Designations...

Click Blogs & Forums and scroll down - on the left you'll see On Line Now.
Respected Contributor

I never log off. Maybe they hope I'm posting and buying a lot. lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____