Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

ewww cicadas but u got me at banana popsicle @Mersha 

what company is it from

I have the Outshine company at our local supermarket - they offer the usualy strawberry, orange, grape but i dont think i ever saw a banana one...

@Yahooey   They are Harris Teeter store brand.  I believe that store is predominantly in the south but we have some in Maryland.  They also do a sweet tea that is to die for.

Oh darn!  They don't have that store out here.  I assumed it would be the actual Popsicle brand.  My memory is faulty but I was thinking that they had had that variety at some point.

The Outshine brand flavors are all pretty nice.  I've been buying their products for a number of years.  In the other type that is the wider ones, they have some awesome flavors.  Peach flavor is a fav of mine, as is coconut (when I can find it).

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Today.....or tomorrow....I have to make a huge decision on whether to sell our house and buy a new, smaller one, still in this same area.  Why today or tomorrow?  Because it's in a new community and the builder is raising the prices Saturday morning.

In true Libra fashion (the scales) I am having trouble making a decision.  I know all the pros and cons of staying here or moving, but I'm still undecided. 

I think my sister and friends are tired of listening to me about it, LOL.  I know it's my decision to make and not theirs but it's quite a bit of money, but not overpriced for our area.  But it still gives me pause.  

I have never been good with change.

So, at this very moment, I'm sitting here stress eating Buttercrisp crackers because the decision to do that came very easily to me.  

@gidgetgh  I'm conservative about that kind of thing and wouldn't.  I'd want to know first how people like it, how well built the homes are, what other types of people are living there, etc.  I think if you are this undecided it's best to err on the side of  being conservative.  

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Today.....or tomorrow....I have to make a huge decision on whether to sell our house and buy a new, smaller one, still in this same area.  Why today or tomorrow?  Because it's in a new community and the builder is raising the prices Saturday morning.

In true Libra fashion (the scales) I am having trouble making a decision.  I know all the pros and cons of staying here or moving, but I'm still undecided. 

I think my sister and friends are tired of listening to me about it, LOL.  I know it's my decision to make and not theirs but it's quite a bit of money, but not overpriced for our area.  But it still gives me pause.  

So, at this very moment, I'm sitting here stress eating Buttercrisp crackers because the decision to do that came very easily to me.  

If you really like the house and the neighborhood then go for it. Interest rates have never been this low and inflation is coming.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gidgetgh   I bet you're living in a large family home and no longer need the space or want to clean and maintain it.  Moving to a smaller space would be a freeing relief IMO.  I'd do it in a heartbeat. Make new memories. 

@Kachina624 -yeah.. 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, full unfinished basement, 2 stories (the stairs are coming a problem for me, at least temporarily), just over 3,000 square feet. And this house has had some costly issues the last few years (but all houses can have issues). Just a lot of memories here though and my husband and I worked like dogs to get this house, not just work wise, just a lot of factors to get our old house sold (neighborhood was transitioning to more commercial or office, but they wouldn't give us all the zoning for it) and it was just such a multi year process to get this house and we loved it from the moment we saw it. And, despite the issues, I love it still, but I'm ready for one story and maintained yards. 

It's just really hard to leave it psychologically.  I apologize for getting so deep, but it's just another acknowledgement that my marriage is over and I'm alone.  And it's hard.  And I just wonder how I'll feel driving past it all the time and knowing it's not mine/ours anymore.  

Bottom line is I don't want to screw up such a large decision.  I want to be clear headed and look forward to it and not wonder if I've made a mistake. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

ewww cicadas but u got me at banana popsicle @Mersha 

what company is it from

I have the Outshine company at our local supermarket - they offer the usualy strawberry, orange, grape but i dont think i ever saw a banana one...

@Yahooey   They are Harris Teeter store brand.  I believe that store is predominantly in the south but we have some in Maryland.  They also do a sweet tea that is to die for.

Oh darn!  They don't have that store out here.  I assumed it would be the actual Popsicle brand.  My memory is faulty but I was thinking that they had had that variety at some point.

The Outshine brand flavors are all pretty nice.  I've been buying their products for a number of years.  In the other type that is the wider ones, they have some awesome flavors.  Peach flavor is a fav of mine, as is coconut (when I can find it).

@chickenbutt   I remember when I was a child the Good Humor truck would come around and they sold the Popsicle brand of the banana popsicle.  The wrapper had those blue and red circles on it.

I remember I always looked forward to seeing him on a hot day.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh   That is indeed a difficult decision for you to make. 

You can rationalize and make lists of pros and cons but, most times, your heart and mind do not line up.  They can go in very different directions.

Whatever your decision, I wish you peace.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Yesterday morning while walking my dog unleashed, I discovered she likes eating those big fat black ants & worms as they crawl around the sidewalk. faint.gifA neighbor watching says, "at least it's not deer poop."

Yesterday while the dog was at the groomers I went next door to BestBuy & on a whiim purchased an Ninji air fryerfaint.gif

Going to test it out today on some frozen breaded fish fillets. 

Have 60 days to return if I don't like it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh  I'm conservative about that kind of thing and wouldn't.  I'd want to know first how people like it, how well built the homes are, what other types of people are living there, etc.  I think if you are this undecided it's best to err on the side of  being conservative.  

@Pearlee - 55 and older community so we'd all be old, LOL.  Builder has a great reputation.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Downsizing to a smaller but brand new home in the same community that you love is a wise thing to do....especially, since as we get older, the stamina and desire to clean / maintain a larger home flies out the window !

Don't lose out on a great deal due to procrastination!  You will kick yourself later and still have to look / walk past the house you could have had every day.

Someone who needs a larger home will buy yours quickly in today's circumstances.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@gidgetgh   That is indeed a difficult decision for you to make. 

You can rationalize and make lists of pros and cons but, most times, your heart and mind do not line up.  They can go in very different directions.

Whatever your decision, I wish you peace.

@Mersha - thanks. I started to cry, just writing the posts.  But I'm a crier so don't read too much into that.  Where we are there are only 2 neighbors and I'd like to move to an actual community with people, but stay in our area, since I do have such problems with change.  This area is very familiar to me and I love it here. Like I would never just pack up everything and move to the beach or the mountains or something.  That's not me,  It's just hard to come to peace with knowing that it's probably time to move on and start my next chapter and wishing that circumstances weren't as they are.

I think some of the angst is just a part of the normal grief process.  Never thought I'd be making a move without my husband.