Honored Contributor

I received a bunch of bananas from Amazon Fresh. They are the strangest bananas. I can see why they were only $.99. The bananas arrive green, never turn yellow and then turn totally brown. I've watched them for a week. They are a brand called Fyffes. They come as a hand of five. I don't recommend them and I hope Amazon Fresh changes their banana brand. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D It may be only 99 cents but I would still report it and get a refund. You don't pay money for garbage that you can't use and they need to be made aware.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Odd bananas

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D I had the same think happen to me! Same brand, but mine were part of a Shop Rite from Home order. They never turned yellow and I even put them in a paper bag along with an apple. Just green to brown.

I now list specifically on my order that I only want Chiquita or Dole bananas.

Edited to add; I also got some funky brand of avocados one time that never ripened properly. Cut them open and they were brown inside. I also specifically note on my order now that I only want Hass brand avocados. 

Honored Contributor

I only buy Chiquita bananas from Trader Joe's.  

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50   Just got back from Trader Joe's with Chiquita bananas.  And a whole bunch of other yum things.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Mindy D It may be only 99 cents but I would still report it and get a refund. You don't pay money for garbage that you can't use and they need to be made aware.

@Love my grandkids @I'll be reporting it, but not because of the refund. If enough people let Amazon know how bad these bananas are Amazon will switch to a different brand. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D Exactly but those amounts of 99 cents can add up! They should replace the garbage at no cost to you.

Honored Contributor

Did you try to eat one?

Respected Contributor

I eat bananas from green to brown.

Honored Contributor

This is why I only buy organic bananas.  If they are not organic, they come green and hard and week later they get brown and mushy,