Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Did you try to eat one?

@SilleeMee @No, but my husband ate one. He said it was OK. He never complains about the taste of any food he eats, with the exception of cruciferous vegetables. 

Respected Contributor

We used to buy Chiquita bananas at Publx and it was the same thing.....now we only buy Dole bananas from Food Lion. 

I have having to shop at 2 different stores. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would not eat them but, I would notify Amazon & ask for a refund 🙃

Trusted Contributor

I googled your green banana problem:  Why are my bananas still green after 2 weeks?

"Don't toss those green bananas.  You may not believe me, but the truth is they WILL eventually get ripe. If they arrive to your site very green, it likely means they did not get enough of the ethylene gas that speeds the ripening process, but they will ripen naturally. It can take up to 6 weeks".
    Fyffes is a Japanese-owned fruit and fresh produce company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. The Fyffes brand is most closely associated with the banana industry, although it is applied to a wide range of fruits and fresh produce, including the Fyffes Gold Pineapples, mushrooms and Fyffes melons.   Fyffes bananas grow in Central America, in countries such as Costa Rica, Belize, Colombia and the Dominican Republic
    Fyffes is one of the largest and oldest tropical produce importers and distributors. ... Today Fyffes is the largest importer of bananas in Europe and the no. 1 importer of offshore melons in North America. Our head office is in Dublin, Ireland. We employ over 10,000 people worldwide and have offices in 12 countries
Honored Contributor

Posts on bananas turning mushie too quickly, now on staying green, i would take the green ones anytime.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

When I get bananas which are not ripe enough for me to enjoy eating, I place them inside a plastic bag, at room temp, to keep the gasses from escaping. It's the gasses emitted from the bananas, or any fruit, which ripens them. Leave them inside the bag for a couple of days, sometimes longer, depending on how green they are. After they get ripe I take them out of the bag and place them in the fridge to prevent them from getting too ripe. Take bananas out of fridge an hour before eating so their texture returns to normal. Cold bananas are not really my thing.

Esteemed Contributor

These are the big store bought bananas I bought last week.

20210110_080440.jpg20210110_080628.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm very picky about bananas.  I prefer to pick my own out.

Super Contributor

Is it possible they sent you plantains instead of bananas?  I don't know much about plantains or how they ripen but it was just a thought. 

Man plans. God laughs.
Trusted Contributor

I buy extra and chop and freeze them.  I use them in my smoothies, like ice cubes Smiley Happy