Honored Contributor

@ann1989 wrote:

@Anonymous032819  these children have little or no adipose.  Their build is not stocky, quite the contrary.  Skinny kids get cold easier. 

Nope!  I was a skinny kid. Grew up in N.H. and played outside in all kinds of weather. Not right to make generalizations. 

Respected Contributor

Aww, thanks for the photo.  I, too, have thought about this family over the years. I am so glad their mother has gotten her life on track and is doing well.

The kids look great, perfectly warm and healthy to me.   It is great to see such a large group of children that appear to be in such good shape considering the obesity epidemic this country is facing. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@ann1989 wrote:

@Anonymous032819  these children have little or no adipose.  Their build is not stocky, quite the contrary.  Skinny kids get cold easier. 

Your right. 

The kids look downright hypothermic.

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@ann1989 wrote:

Your right. 

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@ann1989 wrote:

Your right. 

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@ann1989 wrote:

Your right. 

Okay, that made me Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine kids being "cold" in SoCal when the temps are in the low 60's. 

I'm back in the Northeast, and it was 4 degrees when I first left the house this morning to start my day.  By midday, it was 20 and felt quite comfortable.  No extra adipose tissue on me, either! 

Honored Contributor

They look like such sweet children.  May God bless them.

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty children who I hope are as happy and healthy as they look.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Cute kids. . .Honestly, I think I'd have enjoyed a show about her and her kids more than I would shows about Honey Boo Boo, the 19 Kids and Counting, Kate Plus Eight, the Kardashians, or Real Housewives.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't heard about them in ages. or her.

Regular Contributor

@september wrote:

I can't imagine kids being "cold" in SoCal when the temps are in the low 60's. 

I'm back in the Northeast, and it was 4 degrees when I first left the house this morning to start my day.  By midday, it was 20 and felt quite comfortable.  No extra adipose tissue on me, either! 

While I think the kids look fine for their age, I have to chime in on the "cold" weather.  I have lived in FL for 35 years having grown up in western PA.  My body has become climatized to hot weather, so when the temps dip into the 60's and below I am cold.  When we first moved here we couldn't handle the heat/humidity, but, now our bodies are comfortable with it.  It all depends what you are used to.

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Like most children from huge families with lots of kids...I am sure it is very difficult and they grow up with issues....especially these kids from birth with so many twins.... and then being on reality TV....SPELLS DISASTER.

I agree that Reality TV often brings challenges/disaster.  However, my husband is from a family of 11 kids.  The oldest just turned 75 and the babies (he and his twin) will be 61 soon.  There is another set of twins 5 years older than him and 2 other siblings in between the twin sets.   They lived in a small house and had everything they needed and never went hungry.  Yes, they had to share almost everything and having 1 bathroom was challenging.  Their stories of all that togetherness are hilarious and filled with laughter.  

BTW, they weren't the only large family in the town.  There were other familes with 12, 11, 10 and 8 while 4-5 kids was the norm.  I was an only child which was very odd at that time for the area.