Respected Contributor

Prince Philip Leaves Hospital

Having been in hospital since Friday, Prince Philip walked out to a waiting car. He had been admitted as a precautionary measure.  the expectation is that he will head back up to Sandringham to join most of the family gathered in Sandringham.  Prince Philip is 98 and has been in residence at Wood Cottage at Sandringham since his retirement from public life in 2017.   

Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, leaves hospital

Respected Contributor

Re: Prince Philip Leaves Hospital

Maybe the supervised rest was just what Prince Philip needed. In this photo he looks healthier than he has for awhile. Glad he will be with his family for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

The video of him walking out of the hospital and to the car was heartening.

I hope I'm that spry at 98.

Nothing like a few days of IV fluids to get the old circulation going.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

A palace spokesperson said:

“The Duke of Edinburgh has today left hospital after being discharged by his Doctor and is now back at Sandringham.

“His Royal Highness would like to thank everyone who sent their good wishes.” 

Let the family Christmas begin for the Queen who must be delighted.

Respected Contributor

He is amazing for 98!  Wonderful news that he will be home to spend this Christmas with his family.  How very fortunate that his children and grandchildren and great grandchildren are able to have him and the Queen in their lives for so long.  Most of us are not as fortunate.  There will not be too many Christmas' left.  Blessings on all of them.

Honored Contributor

Very glad for him and family.  Hope he's feeling well through the holidays and beyond.

I love that he's leaving the hospital in proper coat and tie.  The motto of the Queen's household, at least, must be "never let down the side"!   Jolly good.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  yes, the Prince does stand on ceremony and tradition.  i'm sure that's where his comfort level is.  i hope he behaves himself over the next few days and doesn't overdo.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad to see that he has left the hospital.  If I were Harry, Archie, and Meghan, I would be at the royal's Christmas, seeing how Prince Phillip and the Queen are so elderly.  I don't know, just my take on it.  Of course it's their choice.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 I am very disappointed with Harry's choice of where to spend Christmas.  His grandparents will not be around to spend that many Christmases.  Since Meghan is an only child and her mother seems to be her only family, Doria could have easily flown to London instead of Canada.   It would not be the choice I would have made if I were in his shoes but as you said.........it's his choice.  Just makes me sad.

Honored Contributor

I had forgotten the Prince was much older than the Queen.  So good to see him looking well!