Honored Contributor

This is the craziest thing ....    Woman LOL

I have a lithium battery electronic scale with its own weird little peculiarity, and I'm wondering if anyone has any insights to offer.   

The first time I step on the scale, a number shows up at my toes.   I step off the scale and let the light go out, then after a moment, step on it again.   Every single time I step on the scale a second tine, the number reading is exactly 3.2 pounds lower

Not 3 pounds, or 3.5 pounds ....  3.2 pounds lower.  Every time.  

Obviously, I like the second number better, but does anyone have any idea what this 3.2 pounds thing is about?   Could it be programmed this way?   

I'm cuurious as to what people think ....   LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: OWN AN ELECTRONIC SCALE?

@Tinkrbl44, I have one of those scales, and I always get on twice or three times. @ccasionally, the number will change from the first one and stay there if I get on again.

But that's the only little glitch I've seen.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - I have one of those scales. Mine goes down a few points every time I step on it-so I keep stepping until I see a number I can live with!!💗

Honored Contributor

I have a Taylor digital scale. It works pretty good. Each time I get on it it shows my weight or Err. If I get on/off it still shows the same weight each time unless I gain or lose. When it goes up I stop eating. LOL!!! 

Every year before I go to my doctor's appt. I weigh. It's always been off 1 lb from doctor's office.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Trade ya!😄😄😄

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I have a lithium battery electronic scale with its own weird little peculiarity, and I'm wondering if anyone has any insights to offer.   

The first time I step on the scale, a number shows up at my toes.   I step off the scale and let the light go out, then after a moment, step on it again.   Every single time I step on the scale a second tine, the number reading is exactly 3.2 pounds lower

Obviously, I like the second number better, but does anyone have any idea what this 3.2 pounds thing is about?   Could it be programmed this way?   

@Tinkrbl44, when you first get on, do you wait a couple seconds to make sure it settles on one number?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44, when you first get on, do you wait a couple seconds to make sure it settles on one number?

@suzyQ3 

Always.  And then I step off, giving it a moment for the lighted number to go off.  Step back on, previous number minus 3.2 pounds.   Go figure.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

I just threw mine out.  When I get on the scale, I want an accurate reading the first time.  Now, I have what is probably a 20-year-old freight scale in one bathroom.  The box which displays my weight is at eye level, on a cord.  I never should have bought a replacement.  I am back to the old tried and true scale.