Esteemed Contributor

20200730_191746.jpg

20200731_143328.jpg

Regarding the feeding discussion on yesterday's post, they get these pellets a couple times a week.  We also give them carrots, apples, watermelon rinds, etc.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Regular Contributor

Re: ...and now for some bucks

Don't they leave an awful mess on your lawn?

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I see deer and I see Lyme disease.

Respected Contributor

Your neighbors will not be thanking you for feeding them.

Trusted Contributor

I think they are beautiful and you are lucky.  We have some deer that visit and nibble on a small bush outside our front door in the wee hours of the night.  I catch them on my ring doorbell and its a beautiful site.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are beautiful. Have enjoyed the pics you post.

The property my dad had deer come right next to his house every morning going wherever they go. Each evening just before it gets dark they come back going wherever they go for the night. We could sit out on the front porch & wait for them to walk by.

He fed all the stray cats. A lot of time he fed them tuna fish. The checker at Wal-Mart asked him what he was doing with all the tuna fish. When my dad told her feeding the cats she asked if she could move in with him. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting.....  

Where I live are some fields and a green belt area nearby....and we occasionally get deer that come and drink from the sprinklers on the Condo property.....One Christmas a Buck started walking down the sidewalk like he owned place, I guess he was trying to figure out where the water (sprinklers) had gone....one neighbors grandchild said, "look grandma Santa's reindeer".....so cute....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awww! They let the ladies go first!

Ladies night out. And now it's the guys!Woman LOL

They all look like regal reindeer!

What a wonderful feast you give them.

This is such an enchanting group of 

beautiful wildlife friendsSmiley Happy

I love them!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they leave a mess but the yard is small. DH and I have a great system to clean it up a couple of times a week.

Many of our neighbors also feed them. When the houses sell behind us, they can put up privacy fences if they want.

Our small yard is sprayed every 2 months for flea/tick among other things like scorpions and spiders.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

This is what the nutrition pellets look like.  We put out about 10 piles like this 2-3x a week.  The fawns can have this, too.  A 50 pound bag (like above) is $12 and lasts 2+ weeks.

20200731_160214.jpg