22 golds.

WOW!!!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: OMG Michael Phelps

[ Edited ]

Backside, eh? 

All the way to Olympic History...LOL

Esteemed Contributor
He swam the fastest. Not a horse's behind.

FABULOUS!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:
He swam the fastest. Not a horse's behind.

FABULOUS!

Yes!!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have to admit I'm kind of surprised at how many people think it's ok for him to act like a horse's backside because "he deserves it."

I don't think this is a guy who has ever lacked confidence.  Why not just play it cool?

More people here disagree with your opinion that MP behaved inappropriately than agree with it. When we put our opinion out there, there's always the possibility that we'll be in the minority at any given place and time. It's certainly happened to me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have to admit I'm kind of surprised at how many people think it's ok for him to act like a horse's backside because "he deserves it."

I don't think this is a guy who has ever lacked confidence.  Why not just play it cool?

Aaaaaand exactly how many Olympic medals do you have again?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lost any respect for him when he was photographed with the bong ages ago. 2009 or 10 I think. A great role model NOT.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I lost any respecr for him when he was photographed with the bong ages ago. 2009 or 10 I think. A great role model NOT.

So - you missed the part where he went to rehab, completely turned his life around, and is a completely different person at this point in his life than he was?  I remember the pot and the DUIs too. But that was then and this is now.

Or don't you believe people can rehabilitate themselves, and change?

MP is very much a role model *today*, not least *because* he showed it can be done.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I lost any respecr for him when he was photographed with the bong ages ago. 2009 or 10 I think. A great role model NOT.

So - you missed the part where he went to rehab, completely turned his life around, and is a completely different person at this point in his life than he was?  I remember the pot and the DUIs too. But that was then and this is now.

Or don't you believe people can rehabilitate themselves, and change?

MP is very much a role model *today*, not least *because* he showed it can be done.

Yeah, Saw all that. I lost respect, period. Currently, he's behaving like a spoiled brat. Not impressed. The "asking" for applause or the glare, not sportsman like.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

He sure does spit alot before he swims....looks like that stuff goes right in the pool.   Yuck...but he's a sports "hero" & that stuff is accepted by some.  I was hoping some of his teammates (Ryan L.) would have done better  (Ryan L.).  I would love to cheer some of them on (Ryan L.) One to one.