Honored Contributor

Perseids meteor shower tonight!

It should be an exceptional one tonight...supposed to be better than most since the 1990's. It will also be better since the mooon won't be out for better viewing. Best time will be between midnight and dawn. DH and I will be out watching tonight...can't wait!!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwje48To57nO...

Honored Contributor

Re: Perseids meteor shower tonight!

I was just about ready to post the same thing.  Good thing I saw your posting first.

Will be watching.  Viewing should be great for me as I live in the boonies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I was just about ready to post the same thing.  Good thing I saw your posting first.

Will be watching.  Viewing should be great for me as I live in the boonies.

@Mz iMac  You are lucky..we live in the suburbs of a city...lots of light pollution, but we'll still see a lot Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Enjoy! I hope it is as nice as predicted.

I've got to go to work in the morning so I'll have to be fine with watching a video of it. I can't stay up all night & expect to function the next day.

Super Contributor

I had been looking forward to this since I saw the first posting on Facebook.  Darn. Every time our weather here does not cooperative.  Rain today and tonight.   Oh well better than snow😊

Respected Contributor

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG

I should email that map to my local news station.  All 3 of them.  I live in a tri-state area & it appears we are all in the red zone. icon_exclaim.gif

Local news is drumming up these meteor showers like a 3 ring circus, clear skies & all.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  I'm in the "Poor" zone, too, but don't give up hope!  

One year, back in the 90s, I think,  DH and I got up at the crack o'dark to drive to a location he had in mind for viewing.  Fog was so thick you couldn't see the hood ornament on the end of the car (true).  I grumbled and groused about safety and the futility of it all. He kept driving inching toward his destination.

Lo and behold, the curtains parted!  We had a perfectly clear view and enjoyed a meteor shower I will remember the rest of my life.  No kidding, we saw hundreds and hundreds of them, all degrees of size, speed and color.  We couldn't turn our heads to look at them fast enough, it was such a show. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

No I am not giving up.  I have my lounge chair & Deet right by my front door.  My complex is throwing a catered Perseids party tonight & tomorrow night. yahoo.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in  a great area for viewing, away from light sources and unobstructed view of the sky, but we are expecting heavy cloud cover.  I'll still peek just in case there is an opening.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.