Esteemed Contributor

Heart

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

Heart

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor
And... Katie!!!
Respected Contributor

I have the utmost respect for his swimming ability and the hard work it involves.

I found it troubling that he was shaking his fist at his opponent after he came in first.

Poor sportsmanship.  It was also troubling that he was laughing at something going on in   

the arena during the playing of the National Anthem. 

Honored Contributor

You are wrong. He was not shaking his fist at his opponent.  In fact, he congratulated him. This after said opponate had been antagonizing  him every chance he got.

He laughed, so what, it was a happy occasion. Do you suppose that FSK didn't, if not laugh, surely smiled when he saw the flag still there?

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain We will just have to agree to disagree.

Honored Contributor

Phelps has earned the right to enjoy accepting his medal.  He has done our nation proud as have many of his fellow swimmers and other athletes.

Also, I am so happy for him that he finally has gotten himself to a point where he's pleased with the life he is living.

Respected Contributor

Well done Michael - delighted he won another gold medal -  he deserves to enjoy his winning moments.  

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I have the utmost respect for his swimming ability and the hard work it involves.

I found it troubling that he was shaking his fist at his opponent after he came in first.

Poor sportsmanship.  It was also troubling that he was laughing at something going on in   

the arena during the playing of the National Anthem. 

its a "baltimore thing." when the national anthem is played at sporting events here, there are many that sing out the "O" quite loudly (in honor of the orioles.) michael had a lot of baltimore friends and family at the meet and they said "Ooooooo" during the national anthem, which caused him to smile/laugh.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have not always been a huge fan, but he's been showing that he's a different Michael Phelps than the one I didn't like.

Le Clos' behavior has been completely asinine, no ifs, ands or buts.  Michael held it together like a gentleman earlier today.

After he won? Yeah, just like Lily King and the bragging Russian doper chick, you dish it out, you should be prepared to have it in your teeth when you lose. Good for Michael - he let Le Clos have it back, just long enough, and then he let it go. I have no problem at all with his reactions.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all