Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

re the Bars 

People in WW used to warm the WW bars in the microwave for a few seconds.  Try warming them up a bit and see if it makes the texture better.

@VaBelle35

Your post about Weight Watchers brought back a memory from work.

When I worked in clinical research, there were 3 ladies within our department who were on the WW plan and they were all cheating!  And, it was all so that they could get some form of sugar into their daily points allowance and still remain within the daily point total, which meant they were not eating nutritionally.  Unreal.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme  Thank you for the update!!!  And good for you that it's working out so far.   I mentioned it to my daughter and she is going to check with her doctor to see if she's okay to try it.    She does have some liver issues so she has to get an okay for everything she does that may alter her system.    At the same time she really needs to lose weight for the benefit of her health.  So difficult for so many.    Again I thank you for this update and wish you the best.

Honored Contributor

To @eddyandme@LindaSal@VaBelle35@shoekitty and anyone interested in this thread.

Over on the Wellness Forum there is a thread titled:

2018: Commit to be fit challenge

In that thread you will find many members of this Bulletin Board sharing how they are working to get more healthy/Physically Fit, and also lose weight.

Long term weight loss (to me those 2 words mean the rest of ones life, not weeks, months or years) has setbacks for everyone that has made even their hardest efforts. That, as most know, is one of the hardest parts. You make forward progress and for reasons, many beyond your control, a setback occurs.

It is imperative that a person does not give up, in spite of the duration of the setback, or the toll it takes on your well laid out plans. Nobody changes their "way of life" without many of their hardest battles. Even those that have had to recover from many setbacks, over many years, still find the most recent one as challenging as the others.

Thought I would add this FYI for those that may be interested. I also wish everyone working on making major, or minor, changes in these aspects of their lives, continued success in reaching and hopefully maintaining their goals.

Thanks to those that read this post.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I am on my 5th day.   So far I've lost 4 lbs 12 oz.

And that's without exercise - I have a walking cast up to my knee - for the next 6 weeks.

This is my 3rd try at it.  I'll definitely will make it work this time.

I add flavored pepper to my salads (no salt), and a little salsa.

I ordered the vegetarian.  Pretty good.

There is structure that I need.

Esteemed Contributor

@shopper since 1989 wrote:

I am on my 5th day.   So far I've lost 4 lbs 12 oz.

And that's without exercise - I have a walking cast up to my knee - for the next 6 weeks.

This is my 3rd try at it.  I'll definitely will make it work this time.

I add flavored pepper to my salads (no salt), and a little salsa.

I ordered the vegetarian.  Pretty good.

There is structure that I need.

@shoppersince1989  WOW!  You did fantastic, girl!  I know I didn't lose that much, but not discouraged as I feel better and can feel a slight difference in my clothing - like getting back to my old self!

You summed it all up, which I think is the "secret" of the Plan, "there is structure that I need".    Also, think the vegetarian is the best!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme I'm finding their foodis quite tasty this time around. I've doing it for the month of January but weighing in weekly at WW. Lost 6 pounds the first week with the shakes and turbo bars. Weigh-in is tomorrow for Week 2 so I'll see how the "regular" program works. Not having to think about what to have for my main meals is refreshing; I add fruit, salad, vegis and/or protein and it's done! Good luck to you as you continue.

Valued Contributor

Re: Nutrisystem

[ Edited ]

When I was on it before, my husband would say - quit the plan & eat in moderation.

And he didn't encourage me to stay on it.

Today, I was craving something, anything but what was on the plan, and this time, he said stay with it.

Don't give up.

I'm hoping in a month, to post continued success.  

And hopefully others will too!

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@eddyandme I'm finding their foodis quite tasty this time around. I've doing it for the month of January but weighing in weekly at WW. Lost 6 pounds the first week with the shakes and turbo bars. Weigh-in is tomorrow for Week 2 so I'll see how the "regular" program works. Not having to think about what to have for my main meals is refreshing; I add fruit, salad, vegis and/or protein and it's done! Good luck to you as you continue.

@SahmIam- 6 pounds!  that's AMAZING!  You're halfway there - they claim you can lose 13lbs the first month!  I lose slowly, but only going for 10 pounds.  Enjoying the food though.  Can't do WW - I'd go crazy trying to count points!  Good luck today!

I haven't done salad yet.  My problem is I love the creamy dressings and w/n fare well with vinegar/oil.  Got to change my taste habits, I guess.

Keep up the good work!

Esteemed Contributor

@shoppersince1989

You're going fantastic and I'm sure you'll keep up the good work!

I was gonna only get one month, but ordered A/D.  Now 'cause I like the food, for sure will get for at least another month, maybe more.  I want to change my eating habits.  Then, will stay on NS for couple days and alternate with my own meals for a couple days, going back and forth every few days.  So will continue on 'til I know I'm eating right on my own.  Imho, it's easy to slip into bad eating habits and takes effort to correct.

Please keep me informed.  Perhaps @SahmIam will do the same and we can help one another out and offer ideas!

Contributor

I followed the Fast 5 first seven days exactly (food and exercise) and lost 4.40 pounds, really thought is would be a little more.  Now on the next part of the plan and other than eating out once in 5 days I followed the suggested plan.  At the restaurant ordered salmon, came with kale and white beans.  Weighed in this morning and gained .80 back.  So feeling a bit disappointed.