Honored Contributor

Now this was useful information

I don't know her name, but the woman dr on CNN just tried to answer questions about what risk there is with certain activities.

Though a lot it seems is common sense and each persons/family are unique, it of course can change the recommendations.

Can grandparents see their granchildren?

She said if families share low risk and continue to use the same low risk activites and safe precautions,

seeing each other is low risk.

She said there is "cumulative" risk.

Like don't go to get hair done, then to a restaurant. In other words don't do everything all at once.

And the amount of time and distance we are with others.

And protect ourselves and others still as much as possible-masks, distance etc.

For us, we have been operating as one family-those of us who are care takers for our grandkids and we order groceries for each other.

Those that work have been able to work at home but have to go back in a week.

I don't trust fully that everyone in the office is going to be using all the same precautions so that is a worry.

Anyway, I always appreciate any clear answers if there are any but I know there are no black and white answers. I think we as a family group have been pretty cautious and we talk to each other when and if we are doing more than just being with each other.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Now this was useful information

Do not trust that everyone is doing everything “correctly”. Lots of people are not following guidelines. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 -

So true.

And I don't. I think some are more careful then others, even when all are assuring each other we are careful.

Especially in an office day to day, I'm sure many safety things will go by the wayside or not practiced as often. That does worry me. Because they will come home to their very young children and family.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Dr. Wen is a super good medical expert. Asked about take-out food:

One thing she said tonight, this is not a food borne virus.  For extra caution, just take food out of container and put in your own, and then reheat.  then remember to wash your hands.