Honored Contributor

I Was Cut Off From The World

So I woke up yesterday morning and put the tv on, nothing! I had no tv, internet, or phone so I called Verizon Fios. I was told a truck pulled down some wires in front of some woman’s house at about 11:35 Tuesday night, 1,000 customers were affected. My services didn’t come back on for 24 hours! It was the longest day of my life, I felt Amish with no electronic devices. I’m so glad to be back.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Was Cut Off From The World

@Jordan2 

you dont have a smart phone to use instead?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We don't realize how much we depend on and use those things. 

There is always radio!

Honored Contributor

You can use your phone to power your computer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Jordan2 

@sunshine45 I’m not a phone person, I have a Tracfone. I didn’t want to use up all my data.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Jordan2 

@sunshine45 I’m not a phone person, I have a Tracfone. I didn’t want to use up all my data.

oh okay @Jordan2 .......

one of the benefits of having a smartphone......cable and internet go out you can always have some thing to watch or read.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I would read all day. It would be heaven. The tv and computer distract me from reading and doing other things I love. I wouldn't want them taken away forever but a day here and there would be fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

You can use a Tracfone as a hot spot!  Works like any other smart phone.

Esteemed Contributor

So what happens when your phone battery dies and you don´t have a portable charger? I would prefer to save my phone battery and get in the car, charge my phone while driving  and go sight seeing.