Esteemed Contributor

Re: Noticed Shipping Increase

HSN

FREE SHIPPING ON
EVERY SHOE EVERY DAY

^^ is what I like.  I just bought a pair of Steve Madden shoes on sale for $79.00 - original price was $119.00

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

You're not supposed to notice these things, Q customers are not savvy shoppers...........................................lol

.50 here and .50 there adds up to lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We all know ups didn't go up and usps didn't go up so it's there increase, they should take ownership of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Another poster has a thread up about QVC second quarter profits ...UP.

As someone just posted, fifty cents here, fifty cents there adds up to a nice chunk of change.

knock, knock QVC, shipping and handling charges WILL stop me in my tracks and prevent me from completing the order.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Not everything is $3. 00 From the time they made that change, some items always shipped at $5.00.  Which works for me, QVC shipping is still cheaper than HSN

shipping and other online retailers.   $11.99 shipping for pair of shoes was deal breaker for me recently.  I think QVC ships shoes at $5.  Which is fair.

Not all shoes ship at $5.00. Most do not so if you found $5.00 s/h on shoes, you were lucky.  I looked at a pair of Clarks and the s/h was over $10.00 from QVC.  And these were regular shoes, not boots.

Trusted Contributor

yesterday...lock and lock...shipping increase of .50  on - when I last heard-  130,000 sold=$65,000 additional profit.  Multiply that by every product.............WOW! 

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I just noticed, while looking at a few household items that the shipping cost has increased from $5 to $5.50.  

Fuel prices are down now and shipping prices go up? Could mean sale volume is down, along profit margins. Easiest, no thought necessary, up those prices a bit. It is figured by markets that smrall increases won't be noticed by 50%, and the other 50% won't care. That is the "Think Tank Theory". Are they right?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)