Trusted Contributor

I just noticed, while looking at a few household items that the shipping cost has increased from $5 to $5.50.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Noticed Shipping Increase

So much for the BS reasons Q gave for the new shipping policy "To help the QVC customer save money"

Maybe this CEO wants everyone to leave who remembers when the deals , quality and service was exceptional. 

Honored Contributor

Not everything is $3. 00 From the time they made that change, some items always shipped at $5.00.  Which works for me, QVC shipping is still cheaper than HSN

shipping and other online retailers.   $11.99 shipping for pair of shoes was deal breaker for me recently.  I think QVC ships shoes at $5.  Which is fair.

Honored Contributor

HSN has free shipping on just about everything I use and offers it quite often; QVC does not.

Norstrom offers it on everything as do many online vendors. The only reason I'll purchase something from QVC is because the item is only available here and/or the deal is a REALLY good one.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

HSN has free shipping on just about everything I use and offers it quite often; QVC does not.

Norstrom offers it on everything as do many online vendors. The only reason I'll purchase something from QVC is because the item is only available here and/or the deal is a REALLY good one.

Seriously?  I rarely watch them now but I did by my mob dress from them on the spring, the Melissa McCarthy line.  I don't recall if I paid shipping.  I suppose that's the thing with me, if shipping charges are reasonable,  I don't notice them. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  Yep, seriously. They have over 2000 items RIGHT NOW with free shipping always. On top of that, there is Free shipping on Clearance. I mean... yeah. LOTS of stuff. Plus, no tax if you order online (at least for me). HUGE savings.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed the "maybe they won't notice" 50 cent increase also.

They also have many items that used to be in the $3 category moved into the $5 category (now $5.50).

I also see there is a $7.00 category (now $7.50).

No, we don't notice QVC......

It can now quite possibly cost someone $15 to buy a piece of clothing, not like it, and send it back. That is a LOT of money!

Evine has the highest shipping in my opinion. They do not discount hardly ever.

HSN wins the "free shipping" award for TV shopping. They have free shipping on 2 or 3 categories every week. There regular shipping is not bad either.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Not everything is $3. 00 From the time they made that change, some items always shipped at $5.00.  Which works for me, QVC shipping is still cheaper than HSN

shipping and other online retailers.   $11.99 shipping for pair of shoes was deal breaker for me recently.  I think QVC ships shoes at $5.  Which is fair.

Considering the majority other retailers ship for free with free returns missing the fairness  point.  Shipping is random for Q there is no justification they are using it as a money maker.

Valued Contributor

It's about time for me to slow down on shopping on QVC.....slight increase or not, gets too expensive now.......

New Contributor

I WENT TO COMMENT ON SHIPPING INCREASES THINKING I WAS ONLY ONE.  ONLY I FOUND OTHERS  HAVE SEEN THIS ALSO.  QVC MADE A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN THEY REDUCED SHIPPING TO $3.00 AND $5.00.   BUT,  THEY HAVE BEGUN TO SNEAK IN THIS .50 WITHOUT A WORD.   WELL, START WITH .50 AND WITH SMALL INCREASES IT WILL BE BACK TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE.  MOVING MORE TO HSN.