Esteemed Contributor

Note To Self, Put Your Glasses On.

I take my BP meds between 5 and 6 in the am and 5 and 6 again in the pm.

My insomnia has been insane, 4 nights last week I was awake all night and then fell asleep for 2 or 3 hours after DD left for work at 7:30am.

Last night my body finally said enough and I fell asleep about 10pm on the couch.  I woke up,  felt great. I didn't put my glasses on but looked over my shoulder at the clock. Ten to 6. Holy cow, I took my pills, went to pee and when I came back into the living room I put my glasses on and glanced at the clock again.

It wasn't ten to 6 it was 11:30.  I had slept a whopping 1 and 1/2 hours.

Needless to say I didn't take my pills again at 5/6 this am. 

Will take them on time shortly and remember to put my glasses on in the future.

What is the line from Wizard of Oz "if I only had a brain".

Honored Contributor

Re: Note To Self, Put Your Glasses On.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 : You and my DH must be twins. He all ways forgets to put his glasses on. 🤷‍♀️😀🤗❤️

Esteemed Contributor

so funny!  thanks for making me laugh....i needed it today......

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, definitely put those glasses on! LOL! I did something similar about 15 years ago, but with not-so-good results. I was going through a divorce at the same time my job (of 22 years) had been eliminated. My thinking wasn't too clear at the time. One morningI took my BP medication around 7:00 a.m. About an hour or so later I couldn't remember if I had taken the medication, so I took it again. What a bad decision! My BP must have really dropped and I felt absolutely awful. I should have called my doctor but didn't.

By the early afternoon I started feeling better, but the next day I went out and bought one of those pill containers with a slot for each day of he week! Never again!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never frogged up with my meds, ever.

Since I felt good, and was brigt eyed and bushy tailed, when I did the quick over the shoulder glance I would have sworn it was ten to 6.

Next time glasses on or check the time on the guide on the TV.  I can see the guide without my specks.

What a numbnuts I was.

Esteemed Contributor

I was the numbnuts, actually!! I have the same goofy sleep patterns as you, and I bet we're not alone!! Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1  I told DD I am developing the sleeping habits of a cat. Up at night want to sleep all day. You take care as well.

Honored Contributor

So many times I need to run for my readers. 

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   So glad you're okay. Who has not done something goofy? I need to have my readers hanging on a chain around my neck. I teach 3rd grade and was constantly putting my glasses down somewhere in my classroom.  The other day, I couldn't find them; not around my neck, not on the desks. I asked my students if anyone saw my reading glasses, and one kid piped up, "They're on your face." I threw up my hands and burst out laughing. Seriously, you can't make up this stuff. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I take my BP meds between 5 and 6 in the am and 5 and 6 again in the pm.

My insomnia has been insane, 4 nights last week I was awake all night and then fell asleep for 2 or 3 hours after DD left for work at 7:30am.

Last night my body finally said enough and I fell asleep about 10pm on the couch.  I woke up,  felt great. I didn't put my glasses on but looked over my shoulder at the clock. Ten to 6. Holy cow, I took my pills, went to pee and when I came back into the living room I put my glasses on and glanced at the clock again.

It wasn't ten to 6 it was 11:30.  I had slept a whopping 1 and 1/2 hours.

Needless to say I didn't take my pills again at 5/6 this am. 

Will take them on time shortly and remember to put my glasses on in the future.

What is the line from Wizard of Oz "if I only had a brain".

Linea has a nice chain for glasses, on sale. I never take mine off, blind without them.