Respected Contributor

It is really not right one bit to have to pay more than one  Shipping and Handling cost,

when more than one thing is shipped in One box!

Why do they do this and it needs to stop! They all do this, not just Q.

If everything goes into one box we should only have to pay ONE S and H cost! Do you agree?

Honored Contributor

Re: Not right-Shipping Costs

@FlowerBear wrote:

It is really not right one bit to have to pay more than one  Shipping and Handling cost,

when more than one thing is shipped in One box!

Why do they do this and it needs to stop! They all do this, not just Q.

If everything goes into one box we should only have to pay ONE S and H cost! Do you agree?

@FlowerBear   You are fighting a losing battle here.  QVC used to charge more S&H per each item and when you ordered more than one of the same item, you got half off the S&H charge for each additional item.   When QVC reduced the S&H substantially to $3.00 (most items) which is now $3.50, the tradeoff was that you had to pay that on each item in the package.  So, you can't have it "both ways" so to speak.  

Esteemed Contributor

You know what the cost will be BEFORE you make the purchase.  Do not like the terms, don't make the purchase---simple. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know ,the Q is one of the only places that does this.....

Respected Contributor

I only shop sites that offer free shipping.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

As far as I know, all the shopping channels charge shipping per item, rather than per shipment.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

YES i know the cost, Im just saying.

Honored Contributor

They will tell you that S&H is not just shipping.  The H which for the handling, packing, restocking is included.  But it doesn't matter.  It is what it is and whether we like it or not is irrelevant.  We are not required to shop with any retailer we have differences with.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

But think about it -- when you place an order, how does QVC know at the time that it will be shipped with something else?  Are they supposed to know if you are going to place another order?  Are they supposed to know if the blouse you ordered will be available to ship at the same time as the Lock N Lock set you ordered?  The logistics would be a nightmare, and you would not know when you placed your order exactly what the charge would be.

Not to mention, you are not just paying for shipping, you are paying for the "handling" as well, which is the people in the warehouse.  There are handling fees on every purchase, whether they are shipped together or not.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

I wonder how much QVC is affected by Amazon offering free shipping to their Prime customers.  I admit, sometimes I check out Amazon first to see if I can buy it there and get free shipping. 

Janet in Georgia