Honored Contributor

Dolly Parton To Have Lifestyle Line Including Fashion And Home Goods

From Page Six of today's NY Post.  By the way, I think it's a little presumtuous to assume starting an "empire."  Doesn't that depend upon its success or failure (the latter being quite possible)?

"[Dolly Parton] just signed her first exclusive global licensing deal with IMG, and will begin building a lifestyle empire.

According to Women's Wear Daily, the country legend plans to launch clothing, jewelry, accessories and home goods through the new multiyear deal. “I am excited to be working with IMG on a global scale to give my fans products that they will cherish for years to come. You might even see my mug on a mug,” the Grammy winner said in a statement to WWD."

Honored Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton To Have Lifestyle Line Including Fashion And Home Goods

I wish her much success in this new endeavor.

Honored Contributor

I think there is a real market for her line.  Lots of women I see like that sort of western/country/flash type of clothes and things.  

There are hundreds of small town botique places in Oklahoma and all of them have exactly the same thing:  rustic looking signs with sayings on them, pillows with things written, candle holders with fancy drops, that "country" style of clothing, decor, etc. etc.

Maybe she will bring something new and some affordable furniture that people would want.  People buy that stuff that those shiplap people sell. . . 

Honored Contributor

It must be targeting the over 80 year old customer who always wanted to be a cowgirl.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what her taste is, but it's probaby gaudy.

Do we really need another celebrity inspired line?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I love Dolly. She is down to earth & very charitable. I wish her the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not my style, but, I wish her great success . She is so good to others, I am sure her efforts will bring  a blessing to many people Dolly shares her good fortune with so many .

Honored Contributor

@PearleeIs that "empire" from Dolly herself or from the Post writer?  From her it would be presumtuous, from the writer it's just puff!

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I'm not sure what her taste is, but it's probaby gaudy.

Do we really need another celebrity inspired line?  LOL

The more I think about it the funnier it gets.  LOL     

Honored Contributor

There are many square dancers out there.  Perhaps some of her clothing items wll appeal to these folks, but it would seem unwise to limit her potential buyers to those who like country/western garb primarily.

Come to think of it, the taste of square dancers is as varied as people can be.  The last ones I knew were an office colleague and his wife, and they took Rhine river cruises and that sort of thing.