Respected Contributor

Since this has been a recent topic here, I wanted to share what another website did yesterday (Chadwicks).  They had a sale of 50% off the entire website, BUT with no returns and no exchanges.  Of course, I thought that was great until I noticed that disclaimer.

I wonder if retailers are trying this marketing out to see what flies with consumers.    Maybe it will be successful, if enough people are willing to take a risk.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

No refunds/exchanges means no shopping with that company

Honored Contributor

I wish there were no returns and exchanges ever on makeup.  Over my many years here I've had people who order a bunch of stuff to "play" and "see what they like" and that's just nasty.

Don't let people return makeup.  It costs us who don't do that a lot and you KNOW that some of it goes back out after nasty hands have been all over it.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Since this has been a recent topic here, I wanted to share what another website did yesterday (Chadwicks).  They had a sale of 50% off the entire website, BUT with no returns and no exchanges.  Of course, I thought that was great until I noticed that disclaimer.

I wonder if retailers are trying this marketing out to see what flies with consumers.    Maybe it will be successful, if enough people are willing to take a risk.

It may be new to QVC but it is NOT a new marketing ploy. 

Been done for years, both online and in B&M. 

It is a risk unless you are reordering a tried and true item, however, I have never seen a company refuse to take back damaged, defective or their order errors.

Wish I would have known, I love a certain tank from Chadwicks and I would have ordered at 50% off!

Esteemed Contributor

I could understand if it was just clearance items with no returns, but because it is the ENTIRE site, I would definitely find another site at which to spend my hard earned money. It causes me to pause and wonder if this is a precursor to a going out of business sale.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Whether they used the word Clearanceor not.  The sale was a clearance sale, hence the deep discount and that's why there are no returns or exchanges.  They are clearing out their wharehouses and they don't want that stuff back.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Wish I would have known, I love a certain tank from Chadwicks and I would have ordered at 50% off!

@RespectLife , sign up for their emails.  That's how I knew about it. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Yes...i noticed when i was checking out a fashion item the other day it said no returns or exchanges at QVC....seems they are sabotaging themselves these days....no returns or exchanges, recorded overnight shows of TSV,  endless hours of TSV presentations, raising prices often and then changing prices............fashions sizing all over the place.....etc............

Respected Contributor

And how about those people who try all the lipsticks on their hands? I told many of them others actually want to buy it but not after that. Sick.

mm\

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".