Contributor
It never made any sense as to why people would equate hoarding (personal) sanitary products to: a virus related to a RESPIRATORY condition??? I'm sure, a lot of the same frenzied mindset probably thinks nothing of littering all the used masks one sees across parking lots thesedays either.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not questioning the veracity of anyone else's experience but I can honestly say I have never once seen a face mask discarded on the ground. 

Something else I found interesting is the number of people I see going to drive thrus wearing their mask. For a while it hadn't dawned on me it was something I should do so I decided to go to the source, the people at the window, and ask what they thought. It turns out they appreciate it so now I always make sure to wear mine when getting take out. 

Respected Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2   I suppose it depends on where a person lives. We are in an urban area.  My Significant Other sees them tossed on the street, especially near the gas station where he picks up his Power Ball or Mega Million tickets--and there is a trash container in the lot.

As with everything else, there are always a few individuals that just are inconsiderate.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Occasional Visitor

I've had it with the media!

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 , so true. That's why I said I don't question others people's experiences. Because like you said, there are always a few. I feel lucky I haven't run across them! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I see masks all the time on the ground while walking my dogs.  Probably not a day goes by that I don't see one!

Esteemed Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

I see masks all the time on the ground while walking my dogs.  Probably not a day goes by that I don't see one!

Ugh! I'm so sorry that happens to you @tipsy .

I'm still happy and feeling lucky that I've yet to see even one but I do feel bad for you. It's too bad you can't take a different route but understand it's not that simple.

You know, it could be worse. It could be used "other things" on the ground. And no, I don't mean toilet paper. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I live on a very busy road and we get everything dumped out by inconsiderate idiots. Masks and gloves are more common now, but we've had soiled diapers (child-sized and adult) dumped in the yard. Fast food wrappers, bottles, and cups are a daily occurrence. I found a set of keys from a distant nursing home tossed in my yard once. (I mailed those back to the facility since some of the keys were door keys and also smaller keys like those used for drawers. They were stunned they'd found their way here and couldn't explain how it happened but they were very grateful I returned them.) You even get the occasional bra or underwear thrown out in the yard. I probably fill four or five trash bags a year with junk others throw out as they're going by. It's that way all up and down the road.

And this isn't new. A local glass plant used to pay for glass to be recycled and some friends of mine from now almost 50 years ago (I'm getting old) would walk the shoulders of the road collecting glass bottles to recycle. Their dad would follow them in his pickup and they'd have barrels in the back for the bottles and they'd fill the truck each weekend. And they were just collecting glass bottles that had been tossed out, not the other junk.

If you walk along the road you find just tons of litter that people have thrown out. In the spring and summer inmates from the local jails are used to clean up the litter. You'll go by them and see the back of the truck accompanying them filled with bags filled with trash. People are just inconsiderate idiots much of the time. They don't want to deal with something, so out the window it goes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@CristinaH83 wrote:
It never made any sense as to why people would equate hoarding (personal) sanitary products to: a virus related to a RESPIRATORY condition??? I'm sure, a lot of the same frenzied mindset probably thinks nothing of littering all the used masks one sees across parking lots thesedays either.

I imagine most people are concerned about having a good supply of tp, tissues and paper towels because a) the virus affects some with gastro problems;  b) stomach bugs float around this time of year, and  c) if someone gets sick, they don't want to run out of necessities and have to go to the store.   

Honored Contributor

no problem where I live. I can just about find anything I need.