Honored Contributor

I must admit I never paid attention to the supply of toilet paper before the "hoarding". But I do now.

Shortly before Christmas, I was shopping at Sam's on a Thursday. I couldn't help but notice that there were 3 walls of toilet paper. They must have gotten an entire tractor trailer load of toilet paper judging from how high it was stacked and how large the walls were. 

Of course I forgot to buy something and went back to Sam's on Monday. The walls were gone and there was just one small area of the toilet paper. 

That really struck me how hard it must be for manufacturers, truckers and stores to keep up with supply. When an item is suddenly hoarded.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here. Actually, our Big Y supermarket never recovered from the pandemic onset. Even when the virus was at its low, and items replenished in stores, ours had very little and no-name brands. They are out of stock like everyone else. I'm also seeing paper towels disappearing.

Honored Contributor

I tried to get Bounty Paper Towels through Amazon.  I just an email from the the company.  They are totally out of stock.  They will refund me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

I am glad I got one pack each time I shopped in November, so I have 3 large pkgs now.  People must

be hoarding again.Woman Frustrated

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I bought some Bounty paper towels on Saturday when I was food shopping, I don't often see it there so when they have it I buy ( even though it's very expensive). I haven't seen Bounty or Mardi Gras napkins since the pandemic started, I have been buying some no name brand of napkins.

Respected Contributor

I just don't understand the frantic buying of toilet paper & paper towels...the stores are NOT closing down.

One of our pastors actually got up in the pulpit one Sunday morning when all of this first started and said "People--CHILL! This isn't a stomach virus!"

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

Stores are stocked overnight.  You'll just have to "make the rounds" until you find a store that has some.  Go as early in the day as possible until you find it.

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

Looks like our grocery stores here in Texas have ample supply all brands.... but our Mayor is saying if hospitalizations reach 15% serious steps will be taken on limiting people in stores from 75% down to 50%....so Im sure the hoarders will start stockpiling rather  than just buying what they need creating shortages again....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I heard in November there would be a shortage, but I never saw it.  Two different gatherings I attended during the season, someone gave toilet paper as a gift.  Maybe the gift giving thought prompted the notice of another shortage.  LOL!!!!   

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I bought some Bounty paper towels on Saturday when I was food shopping, I don't often see it there so when they have it I buy ( even though it's very expensive). I haven't seen Bounty or Mardi Gras napkins since the pandemic started, I have been buying some no name brand of napkins.

@Jordan2, try Home Depot online. Limit 2. I am expecting my delivery soon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland