Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@dooBdoo yes!  I guess I did somehow hit mark all as read.  Thank you.  Except now...how do I make it go back to showing that I did read it?  I hit "mark all as unread" but that's not right either.  I don't know what I had before.

Unfortunately, the only thing I know to do is mark them all as unread and start fresh.    I don't think the software is smart enough to let us restore it to what it was before we marked them all as read.    Someone else might know, though.

I think I'd mark them as unread.   Then, click on the most recent post in a thread, read the replies that are new to you and if the thread has a lot of older replies you already saw...  then (while still in the thread), click "Mark Topic as Read" (in "Topic Options," at the top of the thread to the right of the word "REPLY).   If that makes sense.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: No New Replies

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@dooBdoo

I am not skilled with tech. So when you have read the post the talk bubble changes?

Yes, @butterfly123.   If you haven't read all the posts within the thread, the bubble is darkened.   If you have read all the responses, the bubble isn't filled in.

eta:  If you have posted on a thread, you'll see the arrow instead of the bubble.   In that case, the only indicator that you've read all the posts is that the subject line of the post will no longer be in bold letters.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo I went in preferences and found it.  It's just going to be all screwed up for existing threads I guess.  Thank you for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: No New Replies

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

@dooBdoo I went in preferences and found it.  It's just going to be all screwed up for existing threads I guess.  Thank you for your help.

You're welcome!   I'm sorry, I should've mentioned those "read" and "unread" options are also in "Quick Links" on the left side of the page, below all the subforum names.   I'm sorry that happened to you.  No fun.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

Thank you @dooBdoo

You're welcome, @butterfly123.   This site has a lot of features, and I'm still learning about them myself.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I think it's just a slow day here on the forums....

It's been a slow day for me, in general, and I've been here a lot today.

That's embarrassing to say!

I thought you had left the boards I sent you a comment few wks ago it's went into ghost land by now. Was asking U if your taking care of 'my' bracelet ! LOL

So pretty that one.............

Frequent Contributor
Same here.....I'm seeing the same thing the op is seeing. It's been that way for a few weeks.
Respected Contributor

@KateinOK look at dooBdoo's posts here.  I guess I inadvertently hit "mark all as read"; maybe you did the same Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor
Thank you @dooBdoo!