Frequent Contributor

ARE ALL THESE ITEMS SALE PRICES BECAUSE THEY ARE LAST YEAR'S?

I'm seeing some good prices on so many Christmas items and I am tempted to give in, but I'm afraid the product either won't work or won't be in perfect condition due to them being Christmas returns from last year. The department stores do this.....is the Q simply trying to get rid of overflow merchandise? What do you think?
Honored Contributor

Re: ARE ALL THESE ITEMS SALE PRICES BECAUSE THEY ARE LAST YEAR'S?

Some of the items were sold last year (I bought the set of 5 Lenox china ornaments last year), but I wouldn't assume they're all returns, or even most of them. Some items are sold every year (wrapping bags, flash pad).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I don't think QVC warehouses items from year to year, they have several outlets to get rid of 'out of season' merchandise, including their outlet stores and you can buy pallets of merchandise wholesale from QVC.

Lots of ebay sellers buy the pallets for resale on ebay.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everything that is not categorized as new is last years merchandise.  That being said it can be last years merchandise plus a couple of new colors and they will call the item new. It has been my observation if something sells well the price will rise at Christmas and if not it will remain the same as the CIJ price and maybe a tad more.

I did purchase and got 2 sets of tree decorations last week from last years stock and neither were returned items. They were on Q
sale so I saved a whooping $2 but due to the new shipping policy it cost me $9 more. 

Honored Contributor

There are new items, improved old items (design changes) and old items.  The prices are usually best during these shows.  The best part is, you have until January to return them if there's a problem.  You are likely to get leftovers and returns if you buy closer to Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I don't think QVC warehouses items from year to year, they have several outlets to get rid of 'out of season' merchandise, including their outlet stores and you can buy pallets of merchandise wholesale from QVC.

Lots of ebay sellers buy the pallets for resale on ebay.

The majority of the outlet inventory are returns, washed, worn and pretty beat up.

Frequent Contributor

So, will there be any new Christmas items offered later in the year, say, September or October, or does Q offer most of their new items now during CIJ and then taper down to old and returned items as we get closer to Christmas? I know there are Christmas items that they sell year to year, but basically I'm wondering if lots of new items will be offered after the CIJ sale. I usually don't know what I need until I drag all my Christmas things out....which is around Thanksgiving ;-( and I'm afraid a lot of the Christmas items will be gone by fall.