Honored Contributor
There are a lot going on this forum! Pretty much something for everyone. People are doing a good job disagreeing in a civil manner and the moderators have been very fair.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I agree Noel and it's getting better and better each day. Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, it is getting better. But I do wish they could make it visually easier to see who posted what. With multiple quotes it's a bit hard on the eyes. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Yes, it is getting better. But I do wish they could make it visually easier to see who posted what. With multiple quotes it's a bit hard on the eyes. 

At least with the new forum, the quoted posts after awhile are faded so it's easier to follow.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

At least with the new forum, the quoted posts after awhile are faded so it's easier to follow.

True. When I first saw the faded quotes I thought my computer monitor was dying. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that there are many interesting threads for those who choose to look for them instead of doing their constant complaining about how boring the boards are.  For instance, the thread about Cyberbulling/Trolls is now 30 pages long with 590 replies.  Who would have thought that a subject like that could continue so long?  And there is the thread about the flag, which so far has been civilized enough to stay up.  And many more.

Yet the same people keep complaining about the same thing, boring, sanitized, too much moderation, etc. etc. etc.  You can bet if I was that unhappy, I would no longer be here.  What's the point, other than they just enjoy complaining about the same things over and over and over again?

I don't always agree with some threads or posts being taken down, but overall, I think the moderators are doing the best they can.  And if some of those complaining would just finally learn the lesson that "it's not what you say but how you say it", they would find more threads staying up for a lot longer, and more interesting ones to post on.  JMO

Honored Contributor
I think a lot of us are managing, but not feeling comfy as far as the nuts and bolts. We get around, but it's kind of a PIT* and not at all visually pleasing or all that intuitive. And din't get me started on iPads. I'm seriously starting to believe they are never going to have full iPad functionality and that's sad for us and makes for a pretty lame forum experience :-(

But for all that, those who enjoy talking to each other are persevering and still finding a way. The conversation and fellowship is more important than the physical clunkiness. I think we may just come out of the tunnel to a kinder, gentler community. Many equate that with boring, but there have been, and continue to be, fun and interesting conversations that are not deleted.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I can't remember who started the thread, but I've probably said previously that I laughed more in one day than I had in weeks, over a silly thread about "I'm in the mood to say something hateful" or something to that effect.  I can't remember who started it, but I was so glad she did!  It turned into a whole long thread about vegetables and bugs, and posters were just really getting into the whole thing.  Some may not have found it funny, but I thought it was hilarious and I enjoyed it thoroughly!  

You can find something good in the strangest things if you only keep your eyes and your mind open....Happy Feet Penguin animated emoticon

Honored Contributor
I agree with everything said above. It hit me today when I realized there were numerous threads with A LOT of replies, and so many different topics. I am pleasantly surprised.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

I can't remember who started the thread, but I've probably said previously that I laughed more in one day than I had in weeks, over a silly thread about "I'm in the mood to say something hateful" or something to that effect.  I can't remember who started it, but I was so glad she did!  It turned into a whole long thread about vegetables and bugs, and posters were just really getting into the whole thing.  Some may not have found it funny, but I thought it was hilarious and I enjoyed it thoroughly!  

You can find something good in the strangest things if you only keep your eyes and your mind open....Happy Feet Penguin animated emoticon

It was Colliemom who started the thread.  She was upset about the new board and I posted that I hated Lima beans - then it took off from there. Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow