Respected Contributor

Re: Nicky Hilton Rothschild's Pregnancy Style

@Iwantcoffee @on the bay I'm sorry but,  that outfit is one big hot mess. Even if she were not pregnant, it would still be a big hot mess.

Being pregnant is wonderful and it is natural to want to share your happiness. But is there no self respect or modesty or consideration for other people who don't want to see half naked people on the street?

We have artists and singers and dancers in our family and express themselves with their art , not by exposing half naked bodies on the street. So, I don't buy that artists need to express themselves in this way.

I have had five children and after four of them, I still weighed 96 lbs. I wore a bikini at the beach and I was a dancer

still into my forties. We did not wear abbreviated dance costumes or bikinis on the street.We never walked around exposing pregnant bellies. Who wants to see that?

More and more, I see that self respect and consideration for others has gone by the wayside.

Nickey Hilton Rothschild looks beautiful in her flowing blue dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sure beats a long, tight tee shirt over yoga pants.

Or Rihanna's style with the belly exposed.

@Wsmom @Kachina624 

Rhianna is the worst ever.  Nicky looks lovely.  She has self respect.

Honored Contributor

A pregnant woman's belly is not something I care to see - no matter who's belly it is.  

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I love the look of flowing, feminine maternity dresses and tops.

Truly beautiful, imo.

Me too, so nice to see a nice flowing dress.  Some women these days squeeze into the tightest clothes when pregnant.  I love her look

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sure beats a long, tight tee shirt over yoga pants.

Oh my goodness yesSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It beats walking around with just a bra and a big naked belly like Rihanna has done for her entire pregnancy.  

Agreed, Rihanna looks positively ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@golding76 

"Rihanna is an artist who is performative by nature.  Artists are different from everyday people -- even rich everyday people.  They just are.  I know from experience.

Artists will express themselves through their clothing, and oftentimes the public does not see what they see when they look in the mirror.

It is what it is."

Rihanna also made her own money with her talent as a singer.  She wasn't born into money or married into money like Nicky Hilton.  When you make your own money you have more freedom of expression.

@lgfan Or when you are rich and famous you feel free to say to heck with what people might think. . . you just get to worry about what you want to do. Privilege. 

Honored Contributor

She looks beautiful, comfy and sensibly dressed.  My doctor is 8 months pregnant, and she had on high heels.  Omg.  Who would do that

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

@golding76 

"Rihanna is an artist who is performative by nature.  Artists are different from everyday people -- even rich everyday people.  They just are.  I know from experience.

Artists will express themselves through their clothing, and oftentimes the public does not see what they see when they look in the mirror.

It is what it is."

Rihanna also made her own money with her talent as a singer.  She wasn't born into money or married into money like Nicky Hilton.  When you make your own money you have more freedom of expression.

@lgfan Or when you are rich and famous you feel free to say to heck with what people might think. . . you just get to worry about what you want to do. Privilege. 

Sounds like what some old people do.

Respected Contributor

I went to an new OB/GYN a few weeks ago.  I think every pregnant woman I saw had on leggings and a snug fitting top. Was guessing they were working from home or did not have to work.