Honored Contributor

Re: Nicky Hilton Rothschild's Pregnancy Style

[ Edited ]

Rihanna is an artist who is performative by nature.  Artists are different from everyday people -- even rich everyday people.  They just are.  I know from experience.

Artists will express themselves through their clothing, and oftentimes the public does not see what they see when they look in the mirror.

It is what it is.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 

"Rihanna is an artist who is performative by nature.  Artists are different from everyday people -- even rich everyday people.  They just are.  I know from experience.

Artists will express themselves through their clothing, and oftentimes the public does not see what they see when they look in the mirror.

It is what it is."

Rihanna also made her own money with her talent as a singer.  She wasn't born into money or married into money like Nicky Hilton.  When you make your own money you have more freedom of expression.

Honored Contributor

@golding76,

I also agree about Rihanna.

Though I would not have ever dressed like that when pregnant and I love Nicki's pregnancy dress, I thought Rhianna's comments about her pregnancy and dress were sincere and that she feels beautiful about herself and being pregnant.

And there are many ways these days to express that. What I like is that she is happy with it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

on the bay, I just now jumped back on to add something to my Rihanna/artist statement, but you paved the way.  

What I wanted to add is this:  And even if an artist realizes that he or she might offend your sensibility or value system, he or she will still push ahead and express himself or herself as he or she wishes to be viewed.  They are compelled to put forth the way they wish to be perceived.

That's all...

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Rihanna is an artist who is performative by nature.  Artists are different from everyday people -- even rich everyday people.  They just are.  I know from experience.

It is what it is.

@golding76 wrote:

It is what it is.

@golding76 wrote:

It is what it is.

BS...lol.  You just like Rhianna....lol.  That nasty naked Mama look is not performance art...lol

Honored Contributor

Nicky looks lovely. I love Rihanna, she's beautiful. I hope they both have healthy babies 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Nicky Hilton looks respectable and just lovely!  

Respected Contributor

Rihanna on Mother's Day.

rihanna out on mother's day

Honored Contributor

Ok, I admt. I don't like that! It is the same to me those awful "designer" costumes that everything hangs out.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

She is who she is, and she's not changing for me or you.

As any schoolboy could understand from my post, I favor a more conservative expectant mama look.  However, I hoped that Nicky Hilton would not inevitably invite a contrast statement to others, but she did.

Let's hope that all the babies gestating now have an easy birth, give their mothers an easy birth and are healthy.  Let's stay human, to quote someone else.