Honored Contributor

I joined but I haven't found it to be very useful. I do get notices about this and that but nothing I couldn't live without. I haven't posted once, nothing shared at all. I'm not interested in doing that. 

- Everywhere I've ever lived there have been people who know every single move everyone in the neighborhood makes. I find it horrifying and invasive behavior. These people seem to think it is their responsibility and that they are being good neighbors. GO AWAY.

Honored Contributor

Many of the posts on my Nextdoor are about pets - lost and found. It does appear to be helpful in locating missing pets. Lots of recommendations for different things - repair people, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I live so rural it doesn't list my location!

Awesome!!!!

Me too! I live very rural now and love it!! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I get an almost daily email from them and don't understand why because I never joined.  I tried to unsubscribe but it tells me I have to register in order to unsubscribe.  Makes no sense.  So I just delete the emails because I refuse to register.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

We had a couple of really horrible posts on our Nextdoor site this year regarding some local laws being passed and some school stuff.  It's one thing to post your opinion in a matter of fact manner, but this was just a person who had a lot to say on the matter and personally attacked people who posted an opposing view or called them out for being nasty.

Unfortunately, Leads are not allowed to kick people off.  All they can do is close a thread from further posts.

There are about 3000 people connected to my neighborhood, so we get a ton of stuff being sold or given away every day, so it's important to set up your notifications to screen some of that out as it can get overwhelming.

I will say that in the last 2 weeks I've been redecorating and had some furniture I needed to throw out.  I posted it as free and it was all picked up within 2 hours.  One of my neighbors said her son was getting his first college apartment and free furniture is perfect for these boys as there will be 6 of them living together and they have no furniture.

It probably depends upon where you live, @VaBelle35, but when we put something at our curb thatwe're giving away for free, it's gone in a NY second...hardly time for us to get back inside.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

We had a couple of really horrible posts on our Nextdoor site this year regarding some local laws being passed and some school stuff.  It's one thing to post your opinion in a matter of fact manner, but this was just a person who had a lot to say on the matter and personally attacked people who posted an opposing view or called them out for being nasty.

Unfortunately, Leads are not allowed to kick people off.  All they can do is close a thread from further posts.

There are about 3000 people connected to my neighborhood, so we get a ton of stuff being sold or given away every day, so it's important to set up your notifications to screen some of that out as it can get overwhelming.

I will say that in the last 2 weeks I've been redecorating and had some furniture I needed to throw out.  I posted it as free and it was all picked up within 2 hours.  One of my neighbors said her son was getting his first college apartment and free furniture is perfect for these boys as there will be 6 of them living together and they have no furniture.

It probably depends upon where you live, @VaBelle35, but when we put something at our curb thatwe're giving away for free, it's gone in a NY second...hardly time for us to get back inside.

Yes, that happens here, too.  But it's not consistent.  We have a trash picker who comes around on trash day and takes stuff, too.

In this case, I needed someonen to actually move it out of my house for me, so this was the better option.

My previous soft and love seat were snapped up over night when I put them out for the trash.  When someone was selling their home a few years later, they had pictures of the inside of the house and it was my couch!  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN