Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

I love Wyeth, too!  I just ordered the stamps. Thanks for the heads up!

@gizmogal- I just ordered also!  I have the print, Wind From the Sea, hanging over our bed. 

Several years ago, a collection of Wyeth paintings came to the High Museum in Atlanta. My husband and I went. Wind From the Sea has always been my favorite. We rounded the corner in one room and there it was (I wasn't expecting it) and I actually got choked up. I bought the print from the museum gift shop. I just love it. 

IMG_7927.JPG

@gidgetgh

That's always been mt favorite Wyeth painting, also.  Those curtains are an amazing work of art.

Honored Contributor

IMG_7924.JPG

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I think this one is called Geraniums. 

IMG_7928.JPG

Trusted Contributor

We also toured the Olson House the house in the painting Christina's World...in Cushing Maine... we had a great day being tourists...DW

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

I love Wyeth, too!  I just ordered the stamps. Thanks for the heads up!

@gizmogal- I just ordered also!  I have the print, Wind From the Sea, hanging over our bed. 

Several years ago, a collection of Wyeth paintings came to the High Museum in Atlanta. My husband and I went. Wind From the Sea has always been my favorite. We rounded the corner in one room and there it was (I wasn't expecting it) and I actually got choked up. I bought the print from the museum gift shop. I just love it. 

IMG_7927.JPG

@gidgetgh

That's always been mt favorite Wyeth painting, also.  Those curtains are an amazing work of art.

@Noel7- I agree. And it's like I can "feel" the day and the breeze. I just love it. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh @gidgetgh, your framed print is so large and lovely. It is just so beautiful to have in your home. 

I grew up with a print of Christina's World hanging in my parents' bedroom throughout my childhood. It always intrigued me and my mother let me tell her all the stories I made up about the mysterious figure. Eventually I learned about Andrew Wyeth and that painting in detail. 

When I got old enough I realized how much more of Wyeth there was to love and learned to appreciate so many other pieces. (I also enjoy the works of John Singer Sargent.)

I'm so glad to see so many others on this forum sharing a fondness for Wyeth and enthusiastic over the stamp issue. Lucky us!

Honored Contributor

Who buys them?   Are collectors buying them?  

Honored Contributor

I am not familiar with that artist. The stamps are nice.

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Very cool. It takes me forever to get through a book of stamps but this is what I have now. 

Delicioso Stamps

IMG_4142.JPG

This is more my style.  Don't care for extreme realism; just use a camera. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment