Honored Contributor

Bob Mackie Triva 👗

[ Edited ]
Last night watched a video on YouTube. From one of my favorite Marilyn Monroe channels. The subject was MM's iconic dress worn when she sang happy birthday, President JFK. Dress auctioned history shared about the designer. To my surprise! The one and only young Mr.Bob Mackie sketched the dress. He shared with the auction house interview concept. Truly! Spectacular listening to his minds eye. Visionary Designer! Even young he was creating legacy. Modest while being interviewed. In every sense, True gentleman.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie Triva 👗

I love watching Bob Mackie even if I don't buy anything

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Last night watched a video on YouTube. From one of my favorite Marilyn Monroe channels. The subject was MM's iconic dress worn when she sang happy birthday, President JFK. Dress auctioned history shared about the designer. To my surprise! The one and only young Mr.Bob Mackie sketched the dress. He shared with the auction house interview concept. Truly! Spectacular listening to his minds eye. Visionary Designer! Even young he was creating legacy. Modest while being interviewed. In every sense, True gentleman.

@Sweet_Serenity

Fascinating!  I had no idea!  I love MM!!!  And I adore Mr. Mackie!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I also love Bob Mackie.  I just recently purchased 7 tops from him.  He's fabulous.

Respected Contributor

I also enjoy his presentations. I bought my Bob Mackie silver leather skirt on E-Bay. Will wear it some day and post a photo if I can.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Bob Mackie, too.  He is always the gentleman.......even though that dress for Marilyn was not ladylike LOL!  Maybe she should have sized down so that the shoulder would have stayed up ........ but then again, perhaps that was the look she was going for........oh, my!

Happy Birthday, Mr. President.......................

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I love Bob Mackie, too.  He is always the gentleman.......even though that dress for Marilyn was not ladylike LOL!  Maybe she should have sized down so that the shoulder would have stayed up ........ but then again, perhaps that was the look she was going for........oh, my!

Marilyn Monroe- 

Pictures later in the evening showcased genius of the dress. Truly breathtaking! Mr. Mackie Bravo!!

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Bob Mackie too.... thanks for sharing this piece of trivia. 

Honored Contributor

he is an icon and artist and legend for sure! i really like bob mackie and recently purchased some of his clothing on qvc. so glad they have kept him around.

Did you know that in 1967, he and longtime companion Ray Aghayan shared the first Emmy awarded for costume design, for the TV-movie Alice Through the Looking Glass?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Sized down?  They had to sew her into it, @tends2dogs!