Honored Contributor

Re: New Years eve in Time Square to be Virtual

I'm not surprised, it was inevitable. Covid-19 is sucking all the joy from our lives.

Esteemed Contributor

This does not surprise me at all ... thank God they are not having millions of people on top of each other on the streets of NYC ...NYC has gone through enough with the Covid19 virus this year & we don’t need any more ... people come to NYC from all over on New Year’s eve & would be bringing the virus with them ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

No Spring break next  yr. either. Inside Edition  announced that. Bet that makes lots happy.

Honored Contributor

Oh for pity sake, just cancel all these ridiculous 'virtual' events. They just seem forced and typically aren't entertaining. Get creative. Come up with some new alternative way to recognize milestones until it's safe to resume real life, assuming that ever happens. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

No Spring break next  yr. either. Inside Edition  announced that. Bet that makes lots happy.

just how do you stop SPRING BREAK?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

New york city is a hot mess! if they had the ball drop, there, it would be mashed and ruined by the social unrest that is allowed there.

stay home and stay safe.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@sunshine45   Exactly. It couldn't be stopped this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Not sure, but my guess is that vacation is cancelled and students are expected to study instead of travelling and having fun. I wonder how many students will really abide by that. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@10sluvr

Please do not dis NYC, I was born and raised there, the police are strong and vigilant and tolerate nothing.  NY like every large city is going thru Covid releated issues

@10sluvr wrote:

New york city is a hot mess! if they had the ball drop, there, it would be mashed and ruined by the social unrest that is allowed there.

stay home and stay safe.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

New York is a terrible mess in decline, for a wide variety of reasons.  Can it be saved? Perhaps.