Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Year Resolutions

[ Edited ]

No, @fairydogmother  Kevin lives about 1.5 hours away but with working, school and homework he's pretty much always busy. Hours at the Vet Clinic are crazy and sometimes gets called in after hours or when he's off. But he loves it. 

We haven't decided on where. We will all be thinking about it and putting in suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

i don't make resolutions, but this coming year, I plan to walk more and get out and do things that involve physical activity.

I have been sitting and lying around the house the past two years with an angry bone on bone knee.

I got a new knee almost two weeks ago.  I gotta get this new one moving.  Right now the new bionic knee is not too happy, but it will be.

I have a lot of catching up to do.

Respected Contributor

Be kinder

Laugh more

Judge less

Pray harder

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

i don't make resolutions, but this coming year, I plan to walk more and get out and do things that involve physical activity.

I have been sitting and lying around the house the past two years with an angry bone on bone knee.

I got a new knee almost two weeks ago.  I gotta get this new one moving.  Right now the new bionic knee is not too happy, but it will be.

I have a lot of catching up to do.

I'm happy you finally did it, @Carmie.

Honored Contributor

I tend to think of September as the new year and that's when I buy new supplies and set goals.

This year though I plan to tighten up on the carbs again for my diabetes and to take off 10 pounds.

Frequent Contributor
My New Years Resolutions are to…(1)call and make all the doctor appointments I’ve been putting off!! (2) Finish and organize all paperwork (3) Stop-and create a budget (to KNOW EXACTLY what I can and can not spend in order to get and maintain a debt free lifestyle-if you have to “borrow” the money from the credit card in order to buy something…you can’t afford it! I need to only be in debt for NECESSARY issues. (4) go through my years of digital pictures and get the most important ones printed out (5) continue to organize and clean out my stuff and donate it
Basically, this upcoming year-2023-I want to tackle the things that I have procrastinated on (or didn’t have time) And make this a year of organizing, cleaning out, fixing up, so that by next year….2024 I can actually start living my life, by having time to help other people. I am so sick of STUFF STUFF STUFF!
I realized, after I just went through every nook and cranny of my grandma’s home, for her, looking for all the things she hid and didn’t want those things thrown away or accidentally gave away, before her house was sold. It made me realize….why keep ALL this stuff? What is the purpose and point of having items that we no longer use? No longer fit? No longer entertain (dishes etc) but have to move stuff to get to stuff every day? Why hold on to stuff for someone else to have to mess with? Etc.
I realized that she lived the last 30 years of her life just maintaining, shuffling around, cleaning and fussing about her stuff. And bringing more stuff home. All after grandpa died way too young. I don’t want to live that way! I want to DO something WITH my life that helps others. I want to be able to be available to others and not be tied down to my STUFF like my grandma and my mom are.
LIFE IS TO SHORT! ESPECIALLY TO SHORT TO LIVE LIFE BUYING STUFF ON A DREAMY WIM, THEREFORE MAKING YOUR LIFE HARDER BY HAVING MORE ITEMS TO CLEAN AND FIND SPACE FOR (+DEBT)…INSTEAD OF LIVING YOUR LIFE FOR THE UNIQUE PURPOSE YOU WERE CHOSEN FOR…TO BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS! THAT IS WHERE TRUE HAPPINESS AND PEACE ARE FOUND….Happy New Year!! 2023🎊🎊
Honored Contributor

I don't make New Year resolutions anymore.  If I want or need to change something, I make a resolution whatever day it is. My last resolution was not to eat out so much and I'm much better about it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Year Resolutions

[ Edited ]

Wasn't thinking about resolutions yet, but I would like to make some dietary changes to lower my A1C. My doctor said he is not concerned by my number but he was supportive of my desire to see if I could nudge it down a tad.

Last year my resolution was "if it needs to be done, just do it". That has worked so well that it has become a fairly successful habit.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to call my list. "Things that I would like to improve on for 2023".

1) Work on being better with my devotionals. I manage to make time for everything else, but I am hit or miss about my daily devotionals.

2) Continue to lower my A1C levels. I came down from 7.6 to 7.0 and I would like to continue to bring it down.

3) Take more chances at work.  There are so many opportunities, but I am quite comfortable in my box. I am going to look at applying for another position in my department. 

4) I was not aware of how many purchases I had made at QVC this year. I need to reduce that number. 

Respected Contributor

I really have enjoyed reading through these.  While I still think about and make resolutions, I dont hold to them but this year, I think I am ready for a lot of things to change. There is a sprinkle of things on my list all throughout these posts. 

@Jesse Ann,  I could have written your post exactly.