Trusted Contributor

Re: New Signs at most stores (re: pets)

@sissel  Everyone brings their fake service dogs to Lowes, Home Depot, etc, etc. etc.  Most all are people's pets that belong at home, at a dog park or outside a pet friendly restaurant at Yappy Hour.

Respected Contributor

My Dd went threw atm but somehow wasn't working had her dog yorkie so had to go in bank grab him in her tote to get cash she was upset to even go in so he in the tote with his head out scared but the tellers laugh& loved it so happy thank you bank tellers. 

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@sissel  Everyone brings their fake service dogs to Lowes, Home Depot, etc, etc. etc.  Most all are people's pets that belong at home, at a dog park or outside a pet friendly restaurant at Yappy Hour.

Lowes and Home Depot have always had pet friendly policies.  When I went to obedience and AKC Cannine Good Citizenship classes that is where I would go with my dog to socialize her with no issues whatsoever.  She did pass her AKC Cannine Good Citizenship test and is extremely well behaved but I would not take her in any store unless I knew that it was a pet friendly one.  That would be rude and self-centered .  I actually have never seen a dog in any store other than the pet friendly ones, grocery store or restaurant.  I still stand by my statements about unruly germy children in any place though.  I have witnessed store/restaurant managers telling those with children running loose, touching everything and bothering customers that if they cannot control their children they would have to leave though.   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC outside links in this post. Against standards

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

I actually have never seen a dog in any store other than the pet friendly ones, grocery store or restaurant.  I still stand by my statements about unruly germy children in any place though.  I have witnessed store/restaurant managers telling those with children running loose, touching everything and bothering customers that if they cannot control their children they would have to leave though.   

@POOK,   Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think we're going to see any grocery stores and restaurants have policies that allow dogs but not children.  Could you please be more specific and provide the exact names of the grocery stores and restaurants you refer to in your post that allow dogs.  It would be very helpful.  That way others can decide if they wish to patronize them or not.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

I actually have never seen a dog in any store other than the pet friendly ones, grocery store or restaurant.  I still stand by my statements about unruly germy children in any place though.  I have witnessed store/restaurant managers telling those with children running loose, touching everything and bothering customers that if they cannot control their children they would have to leave though.   

@POOK,   Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think we're going to see any grocery stores and restaurants have policies that allow dogs but not children.  Could you please be more specific and provide the exact names of the grocery stores and restaurants you refer to in your post that allow dogs.  It would be very helpful.  That way others can decide if they wish to patronize them or not.  Thanks.

Most restaurants and possibly grocery stores would likely be local so to post a list of those in my area would be of no use to you., If you are concerned perhaps a local search concentrating in your area would be of more help.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99, you are the only one who can get that information since you are the only one who knows were you live.  Any places that anyone else would post would mean nothing to you.  Thus would not in your mind prove her point.

If your only purpose is to "call someone out"  then enjoy your day.  It really adds nothing to the conversation.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative and inappropriate.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative.