Trusted Contributor

Re: New Royal Rift: Kate and Camilla

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

Why is the Princess Catherine referred to as Kate Middleton in the press.  She is the Princess of Wales.

If the stories are true she better be careful going up against Camilla.  Charles got rid of one beloved Princess of Wales.  As king he can make the Prince and Princess of Wales lives pretty miserable.

@mspatmac   @DottieBlue

Kate Middleton is her name, and the other is her official title.   Even People magazine refers to her by her name. 

Now that Charles' mother is dead, it's definitely the end of an era.  I think he's in for a bumpy ride.   He deserves it.

Like I said in my post, MIDDLETON is her maiden name.   You'd think after 10 years of marriage, they'd call her by the name she got when she married--  "Duchess Kate" or now "Princess Kate" as a nickname, or by her formal official name.

The media didn't keep calling Princess Diana "Diana Spencer" after she married even tho that was her name.  They called her by the nickname of "Princess Diana" or her official name:  Diana, Princess of Wales.

Just saying....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom 

Camilla's husband couldn't very well object to his wife having an affair with the future King of England and stay in good graces within their social circle.  If he had objected and kicked his wife out, it would have offended their King-to-be.  So, he had to do what is expected of wives -- just look the other way.  And, it is very possible that he didn't mind at all.

Andrew did what they expected Diana to do-- except she refused to do it.  Camilla and Andrew couldn't divorce until Charles was ready to move Camilla in and support her.  Everything was always on Charles' terms and under his control.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue Don't forget the long-term relationship Andrew Parker Bowles had with Rosemary Pitman. 

In fact, they attended the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. 

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were not fond of Camilla and wouldn't attend their wedding.

As the head of the Church of England, which frowns upon divorce, the Queen did not attend the civil ceremony held at Windsor Guildhall in an effort to uphold the church's values. The Queen and her husband came along for the blessing afterwards, and publicly congratulated the couple before the marriage. They also held a reception for Charles and Camilla at Windsor Castle, which welcomed more than 700 guests.

@paixmcdao - True. And I don't know at what point they came around. But I do know they wanted nothing to do with her at first. Prince Philip wrote a letter to Diana when she and Charles divorced saying he couldn't believe Charles wanted Camilla instead of her. 

I imagine by the time Charles and Camilla were married they just wanted what any parents would - for their child to be happy.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@beach-mom 

Camilla's husband couldn't very well object to his wife having an affair with the future King of England and stay in good graces within their social circle.  If he had objected and kicked his wife out, it would have offended their King-to-be.  So, he had to do what is expected of wives -- just look the other way.  And, it is very possible that he didn't mind at all.

Andrew did what they expected Diana to do-- except she refused to do it.  Camilla and Andrew couldn't divorce until Charles was ready to move Camilla in and support her.  Everything was always on Charles' terms and under his control.

@DottieBlue - I think you're right. It was so accepted back in that time. From what I've read, Andrew Parker Bowles was quite the catch in "those" circles!

Diana just didn't want to play the game. 

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom 

I had also read that Andrew Parker-Bowles was quite the catch, and Camilla caught him. 

She had alot of romances, I've wondered how she attracted them because I never thought she was very good looking, even in her younger day, and she wasn't wealthy, or titled, which some men would have found appealing even if her looks didn't.

What was it about her that made her so appealing to men like Parker-Bowles and the future King of England?  A mystery to me.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@beach-mom 

I had also read that Andrew Parker-Bowles was quite the catch, and Camilla caught him. 

She had alot of romances, I've wondered how she attracted them because I never thought she was very good looking, even in her younger day, and she wasn't wealthy, or titled, which some men would have found appealing even if her looks didn't.

What was it about her that made her so appealing to men like Parker-Bowles and the future King of England?  A mystery to me.

@DottieBlue   @beach-mom 

Wait .... didn't Camilla's grandmother had an affair with Charles grandfather ... or some relative of his?    

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Hmmm....the mystery deepens!

Respected Contributor

I don't believe this story just like I don't believe the stories about Prince Harry and Megan.  Made up just to sell papers and mags.  Do they have the National Enquirer in England too?

Honored Contributor

The UK has more tabloids than we have in the US. Some people there and here believe that what they publish in those UK tabloids is 100 percent truth.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"