Esteemed Contributor

New Royal Rift: Kate and Camilla

Updated on Oct 23, 2022 10:26 PM IST

Kate Middleton- Queen Consort Camilla: Kate Middleton is becoming increasingly irritated with Queen Consort Camilla, a report said.

Prince William’s wife Kate Middleton and King Charles III’s wife Queen Consort Camilla are engaged in a secret power struggle, a report said. Since King Charles’ accession to the throne, Kate Middleton and Camilla have not been able to see eye to eye on many occasions, Daily Express reported.

Both of them also had a massive fight at Windsor castle, the report added.

"Ever since the Queen died, Camilla has been throwing her weight around showing everyone who's boss," an insider told the outlet.

"Kate is becoming increasingly irritated with her. She thinks Camilla doesn't take her royal duties seriously and that she doesn't deserve the role. Things have been very awkward,” the report added.

Since becoming Queen Consort, Camilla has been displaying a “superior attitude where everyone has to bow down to her. Kate has gone above and beyond the call of duty to adhere to all of the values required of working royals, but Camilla ultimately latched onto Charles' coattails,” a royal insider informed the outlet while talking about Camilla’s behaviour.

Oh well.  I remember reading where Camilla became frustrated during the services and mourning periods of the Queen with Will and Kate's kids misbehaving......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Re: New Royal Rift: Kate and Camilla

[ Edited ]

Hasn't Kate pretty much latched onto William's coat tails?  What's the difference?

Furthermore Camilla is The Queen - she's superior to everyone except King Charles.

Respected Contributor

"...with Will and Kate's kids misbehaving."

When did they misbehave? I've not seen this from George and Charlotte, but then we don't see all of it. Now Louis is another story. Good thing he was left at home!

Respected Contributor

Unless names are used to report who said what I don't necessarily believe this is true. Who is this " royal insider" who stated this? Tired of all these rumors. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:
Updated on Oct 23, 2022 10:26 PM IST

Kate Middleton- Queen Consort Camilla: Kate Middleton is becoming increasingly irritated with Queen Consort Camilla, a report said.

Prince William’s wife Kate Middleton and King Charles III’s wife Queen Consort Camilla are engaged in a secret power struggle, a report said. Since King Charles’ accession to the throne, Kate Middleton and Camilla have not been able to see eye to eye on many occasions, Daily Express reported.

Both of them also had a massive fight at Windsor castle, the report added.

"Ever since the Queen died, Camilla has been throwing her weight around showing everyone who's boss," an insider told the outlet.

"Kate is becoming increasingly irritated with her. She thinks Camilla doesn't take her royal duties seriously and that she doesn't deserve the role. Things have been very awkward,” the report added.

Since becoming Queen Consort, Camilla has been displaying a “superior attitude where everyone has to bow down to her. Kate has gone above and beyond the call of duty to adhere to all of the values required of working royals, but Camilla ultimately latched onto Charles' coattails,” a royal insider informed the outlet while talking about Camilla’s behaviour.

Oh well.  I remember reading where Camilla became frustrated during the services and mourning periods of the Queen with Will and Kate's kids misbehaving......

@gertrudecloset 

I thought they behaved royally.  Sweet little Charlotte tutoring Prince George on when to bow.  He with a mournful look on his face and tears running down her face over the loss of Gan Gan.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

"...with Will and Kate's kids misbehaving."

When did they misbehave? I've not seen this from George and Charlotte, but then we don't see all of it. Now Louis is another story. Good thing he was left at home!

@KKJ 

I think Louis is more like the Spencers than Kate and Wills.  He may have some of the Spencers' and Harry's mischievous genes.

Esteemed Contributor

Stories like this just reinforce my thoughts that the whole institution of the Royal Family is nonsense.  I think it should be slowly dissolved, and I hope with Charles cutting back, that he is starting that process.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Makes me respect Kate even more.  I'm not a fan of Camilla.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Hasn't Kate pretty much latched onto William's coat tails?  What's the difference?

Furthermore Camilla is The Queen - she's superior to everyone except King Charles.

@FranandZoe - actually, Camilla is Queen Consort, not just a regular queen. I don't really know the difference. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

Unless names are used to report who said what I don't necessarily believe this is true. Who is this " royal insider" who stated this? Tired of all these rumors. 

@Janey2 - Exactly.  Just another rumor started by another unnamed "royal insider".  More likely just more tabloid fodder to sell papers.

But people who want to believe it, will believe it and spread the rumor even further.  Nothing changes.

ETA:  One thing we do know, since Queen Elizabeth announced it herself, is that Camilla has the title Queen Consort.  No debating that.  And Kate is still Princess.