Trusted Contributor

My husband just received a message on his smart phone.  The message said that Amazon Prime was extended and here is a 50 dollar gift certificate, just click on the link. The predators are out there.

Frequent Contributor

thank you for the alert @Deanie.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Phishing Scam

[ Edited ]

@Deanie, Thanks for the alert ...

like @FashionFran said.

~

This morning our local news was discussing "robo" calls and Phishing scams on cell phones ...

very timely.

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

My husband just received a message on his smart phone.  The message said that Amazon Prime was extended and here is a 50 dollar gift certificate, just click on the link. The predators are out there.

I've been getting that as an email for over a year, I got one today in fact.  Don't open it, just delete it and move on.  It's an obvious fake.  If Amazon was going to offer anything, they'd do it through Amazon.com, they wouldn't send an email or even sillier a text message.  But I'm sure people fall for it.  I'm still getting calls on my cell phone telling me to call some 800 number to collect my student loan money...lol  

Frequent Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@Deanie, Thanks for the alert ...

like @FashionFran said.

~

This morning on our local news was discussing "robo" calls and Phishing scams on cell phones ...

very timely.

Very timely @mzlg! Always someone looking to scam people. Very sad but true.

Honored Contributor

You have to always be on alert.  Nothing is free.