Respected Contributor

My Precious Pup Just Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

My precious Sheltie just crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  It had to be done. He was suffering and no longer recognized those who loved him best. Renal failure had overcome him.  But my heart is broken and right now I don't see how it can ever heal.  I know that all dogs go to heaven, and I can only hope that he went immediately there to find my dear husband (his beloved Dad.)  My home is so empty and quiet and lonely now I can hardly bear to be here.  Prayers, please for him and for me to heal and maybe learn to love another pup one day.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Precious Pup Just Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

@Perkup I'm so sorry.  That's a huge hurt.   You are surely in my prayers.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry about your dog. Take comfort in all your happy memories and maybe talk to a friend, Hugs.

Trusted Contributor

My heart aches for you as I know that horrible feeling.  Take comfort in the wonderful life you gave your furbaby and know he now is running, jumping and "woofing" in heaven ~ So sorry : (

Honored Contributor

@Perkup, I am so sorry about your loss. I know that empty feeling. I hope that can fill it when you're ready for another companion. There are so many who would love to oblige.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

ooh, i am so sorry.  wishing there were a way to soothe that ache that comes from being without one you have loved.  may your wonderful memories comfort you in due course. you have done the loving thing.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup  I am so sorry that is a horrible feeling and it hurts so much.

You know deep in your heart it was the right thing to do but that doesn't make it any better.   So sorry.

Occasional Contributor

Hugs and prayers for you. So many of my fur babies have joined their Dad and crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Yes, I have a Labradoodle which helps heal my heart and makes me smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup  I am so sorry to hear this.  It is all too fresh, the pain so real.  This is part of loving a pet and it has to be endured.  I lost my sweet Quincy a year ago.  The pain at first was indescribable.  Time does lessen the pain, but it is a loss that we carry for the rest of our life.  You will experience dog love again, but it will take time.  Take this time to cry and remember.  It is all part of the process and you will make it through.  Come here when you need to.  This is a caring group and many have walked in your shoes.

You did the right and loving thing for your boy.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup I am truly sorry for your loss, as a pet lover myself I have been where you are too many times, just remember that your fur child knew nothing but love while you were together.

Take time to grieve there are no time limits, again I am truly sorry, prayers & hugs being sent for you, and your fur child!