Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I saw that on the news.

The truck was transporting the slime eels to be shipped to Japan, where they are considered to be a delicacy.

The eels secrete a slime when they get stressed.

Honored Contributor

This would be the day I quit the highway cleanup crew.  No way!  

Honored Contributor

When I taught in Japan, I took advantage of some Saturday bus trips for Americans. We went different places, but we usually stopped mid-morning for a rest stop by the same resort lake. Someone on the trip recommended Unagi pies, a delicious pastry sold there. It was a "thing" among the bus trip participants. Once you were let in on it, you couldn't wait to get one. It was delicious. Not long before I left Japan, I paid attention to what "unagi" meant! My delicious pastry contained ground up eel - YUCK!!! I never had one again. **shudder** 

Image result for scared surprised emoticon

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I saw that on the news.

The truck was transporting the slime eels to be shipped to Japan, where they are considered to be a delicacy.

@Plaid Pants2  So do some posters.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I see those State Farm Insurance commercials

talking about weird things which are covered

and it's featured in their 'Hall of Fame.'

This definitely would be HOF Worthy.

Poor little eels. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

When I taught in Japan, I took advantage of some Saturday bus trips for Americans. We went different places, but we usually stopped mid-morning for a rest stop by the same resort lake. Someone on the trip recommended Unagi pies, a delicious pastry sold there. It was a "thing" among the bus trip participants. Once you were let in on it, you couldn't wait to get one. It was delicious. Not long before I left Japan, I paid attention to what "unagi" meant! My delicious pastry contained ground up eel - YUCK!!! I never had one again. **shudder** 

Image result for scared surprised emoticon

@beach-mom it's kind of like when you first find out what calamari really is . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I see those State Farm Insurance commercials

talking about weird things which are covered

and it's featured in their 'Hall of Fame.'

This definitely would be HOF Worthy.

Poor little eels. 

@sidsmom I felt the same way when I saw them getting squashed and/or scooped up by those bulldozers . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I saw that on the news.

Then someone should call Japan about a cleanup on  Aisle Oregon. I'm trying to unsee the photo of that car and those things and that ick. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann clean up on Aisle Oregon . . . classic . . . tee hee!