Honored Contributor

I had something during a pedicure today that I'd never heard of before, and I think it's a great idea. They took fresh aloe leaves, cut and kind of "butterflied" them and keep them in the fridge. They rub them on your legs and feet as a refresher - and it's well known that aloe is used for anti-inflammatory, healing and soothing properties. On a hot day, how refreshing!

And for those who never get pedis, hate people touching their feet, got a fungus, are afraid they'll get a fungus, yadda yadda - whatever. I enjoy my pedis. I've never had anything bad happen, or any kind of infection, from any salon I've ever been to in over 40+ years, so nothing anyone says to the contrary will faze me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I enjoy pedis a lot too.  Started later in life and hope to continue.

Trusted Contributor

My DIL and I went for mani pedis together today.  That is all this establishment does.  We lean back in the lounge chair and they hand us the controls.  We got warm towels on our neck and turn on the back massage unit while they did our feet.   The foot and lower leg massage feels so good.   They used a cool green preparation on our legs and wrapped them in cellophane while they did our feet.  After our hands were done we got a neck massage.  We left there so relaxed and ready for a nap.  We decided we needed to do this together more often.   It is always nice to be pampered.   We never worry when we go here.  People who have never tried it are missing out.

Respected Contributor

That sounds wonderful @Moonchilde

I get a pedicure every month.   I had a pumpkin mask once.   My feet were so soft after that. I like when they dip my feet in paraffin 

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

My DIL and I went for mani pedis together today.  That is all this establishment does.  We lean back in the lounge chair and they hand us the controls.  We got warm towels on our neck and turn on the back massage unit while they did our feet.   The foot and lower leg massage feels so good.   They used a cool green preparation on our legs and wrapped them in cellophane while they did our feet.  After our hands were done we got a neck massage.  We left there so relaxed and ready for a nap.  We decided we needed to do this together more often.   It is always nice to be pampered.   We never worry when we go here.  People who have never tried it are missing out.

I think more and more men are learning to enjoy pedicures. What's not to like about someone else doing your filing, paring & cuticle pushing, and a foot/leg massage :-)

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

That sounds wonderful @Moonchilde

I get a pedicure every month.   I had a pumpkin mask once.   My feet were so soft after that. I like when they dip my feet in paraffin 

@Bri36, the interesting thing today was that they listed paraffin as part of the treatment but didn't do it. When I mentioned that, he said they no longer did the paraffin and did the aloe rub instead, because people were always complaining that the wax burned.

I get that - very often, if not usually, places don't do the paraffin very well - there's a bit of a knack. It's too hot when you put your foot in and more oww than soothing, and/or the wax spills out of the plastic bags, or - it's 'something' more often than not. My feet don't really need it most of the time. So, I was happy to swap the aloe for the paraffin. That was kind of a bonus, lol.

Respected Contributor

I get a pedicure every three weeks. It's an indulgence that I've enjoyed for well over 20 years. It's an hour or so that is totally relaxing and the benefit is my feet and toes always look great.

The aloe treatment sounds divine. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I am weird as I don't enjoy a pedicure but I did like having nicely painted toenails.  

There was a very clean shop near my old house.  The owners kept   an individual bag of toe separators, emery boards and cuticle pushers for each client.  The place was meticulous.  

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde I love pedicures and I love going to the places that have the "menus", I try different ones all the time and I love wild colors on my toenails.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I always went for manis and pedis but that all stopped when I came down with an auto immune illness.  I've mastered doing my own.  Thanks for the aloe leaf idea I have a huge aloe plant so I'll be indulging.