Honored Contributor

I love my pedicures, I get one every two weeks.  I am one of those people who doesn't like being touched by strangers and when my nail tech asks if I want a leg massage, my first inclination is to say "no, thanks" but I go with it because my legs feel so darn good after those massages.  She uses a lotion, I think it's eucalyptus.  Smells good.  I feel refreshed and relaxed and light on my feet after my pedi and massage.  I can see how aloe would be beneficial.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I get a pedicure every three weeks. It's an indulgence that I've enjoyed for well over 20 years. It's an hour or so that is totally relaxing and the benefit is my feet and toes always look great.

The aloe treatment sounds divine. 

I get one every 3-5 weeks, and alternate "the works" with a less expensive one. I started just doing it in the warm months, but honestly the spa experience & the pampering are now primary over how my toes look.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde I love pedicures and I love going to the places that have the "menus", I try different ones all the time and I love wild colors on my toenails.

I do the same, @JaneMarple. I like the extras, and I like knowing different places to go depending on what else I might want to do in the same area. My fingernails are non-existent and ever will be, no matter how much I try. So my wild colors are on my toes too. This time they match my semi-faded jeans - a light-medium periwinkle-ish denim.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I love my pedicures, I get one every two weeks.  I am one of those people who doesn't like being touched by strangers and when my nail tech asks if I want a leg massage, my first inclination is to say "no, thanks" but I go with it because my legs feel so darn good after those massages.  She uses a lotion, I think it's eucalyptus.  Smells good.  I feel refreshed and relaxed and light on my feet after my pedi and massage.  I can see how aloe would be beneficial.

A eucalyptus massage would be wonderful! 

Honored Contributor

I ❤️❤️❤️ My pedis @Moonchilde!!! I've never had the aloe applied as you describe but I've had fun stuff like the paraffin treatment, hot towels, etc. I've been getting professional pedis (and nails) all my adult life! I simply don't like unmanicured hands and feet...PERIOD.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

For over thirty years I had a pedicure and acrylic fingernails  nails done every three weeks.  Sadly all that ended when I broke my hip in 2015.  I haven't gone back to driving and now have a podiatrist come to my house every two months to cut my toe nails.  My insurance covers the cost but I sure do miss having my feet pampered. 

There are many people who benefit from the home service and I am thrilled someone had the idea and were able to run with it.  So far it has been successful here in AZ in Mesa, Queen Creek, and Florence.  I am sure they cover other areas but at this time I don't know where else they go.  Now if I can find a ride to my favorite manicurist I would jump at that but for now I'll keep my favorite podiatrist.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I LIVE FOR my pedicures! I started going about 10 years ago once in a while, then a nail salon opened next door to the salon where I get my hair cut and I've been going there ever since. One time I won a deluxe pedicure when I pulled an ornament off their Christmas tree. It was like nothing else I've ever experienced - wish I could do it more often, but it's pricey.

They have a "date night" special for his and her pedicures. They put you in a private area with plants blocking the view in the back. I mentioned to DH we should go on a Friday night. He looked at me like I was crazy! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: New Pedicure Experience

[ Edited ]

OP, that sounds wonderful. I'm one of those people that doesn't feel comfortable. I think it stems from my mom doing my nails as a child since my nails have always grown very long. She never goes to a salon so I've never felt at ease myself growing up.

I did get a mani, pedi and my hair done for my wedding.  I tried to enjoy it but it took such a long time. I had no idea that I'd asked for acrylic and that took an hour and a half. I practically had to run and put my dress on and rush to the church!! LOL. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde,  That is interesting and sounds like it feels good.  When I go for a pedi, the lady hands me a menu of what they offer at an EXTRA charge.  I had the regular pedi.  I have to look over the menu again to see if there is anything I would like that would be worth the EXTRA.  lol  Cat Very Happy  Yes, the MOON was out in full force today.  90% of the sun was covered in Chicagoland but in southern Illinois it was 100%.  I had a chance to watch it with the glasses just outside Chicago.  It was awesome.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've never had a pro pedicure or a pro manicure. Never. I prefer to save my money and do them myself. Painting my own nails is so easy and doesn't look any different than a professional job. And the OP mentions about get cold plants rubbed all over her legs? Yikes pretty creepy. 

"Pure Michigan"