Esteemed Contributor

I get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks.  The shop is Korean owned and they have used fresh cut Aloe, routinely, with pedicures for about two years now....I get the spa treatment to my feet once a month followed by my feet being wrapped in Saran with a softening natural agent.  I also have my eyebrows waxed followed by Aloe gel which I purchased OTC for home use; it comes in handy for burns, wind/sun burn, insect bites

Respected Contributor

Love my pedicures!!!!! As a matter f fact, I am on my way today for one. I've never had aloe put on. It sounds lovely. The place I go routinely uses a hot towel, uses stones for the leg and foot massage and uses parrafin on the heels. I'm gonna run and get into the shower so I can leave LOL!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I've never had a pro pedicure or a pro manicure. Never. I prefer to save my money and do them myself. Painting my own nails is so easy and doesn't look any different than a professional job. And the OP mentions about get cold plants rubbed all over her legs? Yikes pretty creepy. 

If you've never had a professional pedicure, it would be impossible for you to compare. There is a difference and it's not just in the painting. 

Cool aloe rubbed on your legs in the hot summer months sounds delicious. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Esteemed Contributor

I love ❤️ pedicures.I get one about every 3-4 weeks!! I get a manicure every week💅. In fact I have an appointment for a mani/pedi on Friday.I can't wait.It's so relaxing 😎.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

OP, that sounds wonderful. I'm one of those people that doesn't feel comfortable. I think it stems from my mom doing my nails as a child since my nails have always grown very long. She never goes to a salon so I've never felt at ease myself growing up.

I did get a mani, pedi and my hair done for my wedding.  I tried to enjoy it but it took such a long time. I had no idea that I'd asked for acrylic and that took an hour and a half. I practically had to run and put my dress on and rush to the church!! LOL. 

@NycVixen There are people who genuinely don't like or "get" the pampering and I understand that. My niece hates the idea of anyone touching her and has never had any kind of spa service. Her daughter and I, OTOH - massage, facial, mani-pedi - you name it :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I've never had a pro pedicure or a pro manicure. Never. I prefer to save my money and do them myself. Painting my own nails is so easy and doesn't look any different than a professional job. And the OP mentions about get cold plants rubbed all over her legs? Yikes pretty creepy. 

I may consider what a lot of people spend their money on, and do, "pretty creepy" - but I have more class than to tell them so.

Pedis, massages, manners - some have 'em and some don't 😎

Respected Contributor

I was in my late fifties the first time I got a pedii,friend treated me to one. I loved it, what a treat. I only get one every couple of months now...so relaxing and looks so much better than when I do it myself

Honored Contributor

I just treated myself to a spa day last Thursday for my birthday.  Unbeknownst to me, hubby had gotten me a gift certificate for a few pedicures so I set for a while.

I get pedicures from late spring to late fall every two to three weeks.  I need to be able to wear sandals to my car because as we know, the polish is never completely as dry as we think.

As I've gotten older, it's hard to deal with my feet since I can't sit in a tub anymore.  Knee issues.  I walk a lot and the build up on my feet can get gross.  Another good thing about a pedicure is the foot and leg massage.  Heaven.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Groupon can be great for various spa experiences - massages, facials, mani-pedis, or a combination. I live in a resort area where these things can be very expensive compared to other areas, because of inflated prices. Groupon helps!

Respected Contributor

I get a manicure every two weeks and in between I change the polish as needed. I enjoy getting a manicure.   Believe me, there is a big difference between what they do and what I do.   

I get a pedicure every 4 weeks or so.   It is not relaxing for me.  My feet and very ticklish and the part with the scrubbing etc is torture for me.  I just bear it and breathe a huge sigh of relief when it's over.   But I get them anyway.  We do what we have to do.  Smiley Wink