Valued Contributor

We are going to New Orleans on 4/1.  I always find this in-between time the hardest to pack for.  I would really appreciate input from anybody who lives in the area about what people are wearing this time of year.  Still cool enough for long pants/jeans?  What kind of jacket?  Thanks so much for any advice!

Trusted Contributor

@judy0330 : Timely question as our daughter and hubby will be there that weekend for a wedding. Easy to check the temps online for those dates but nice to hear from personal experience

Valued Contributor

I always check the weather channel app when traveling.  Have a great time! 

Valued Contributor

Yes -- I check the weather every day -- which is exactly why I asked the  question of people who actually live there!  I know

that humidity can often make it feel warmer than the temperature shows.

Respected Contributor

I used to live in New Orleans and still visit there.  In April, it is in the 70s.  So, I wear my summer clothes (shorts, short sleeve t-shirts, sandals.). You probably will need a very thin cardigan or capris for morning or night time.  But most of time, at least for me, I am fine in my summer outfits. I never needed a jacet in April, maybe just a sweatshirt or a cardigan. (Or a water resistant jacket, since it does rain quite a bit there).

Respected Contributor

I'm in a New Orleans suburb. The weather this time of year is usually in the high 60' to low 70's  It might be a little early to be sure of April 1st, but our weather forecast should be on television in about half an hour, so I'll watch and come back to give you a possible forecast..  Where are you staying?

Respected Contributor

Re: New Orleans Weather

[ Edited ]

Just watched two channels and neither went out as far as the first. Through Friday the temps will be 50's at night and 70's during the day.  Ifyou have allergies the pollen count is very high.  Assuming that you're staying in thd Quarter, you may not be out much, but you will need a light weight jacket in the evening.  I'd plan on slacks and a long sleeve tee during the day (or something similar). The same would work just fine at night. It's too early for sun dresses, and the like.  Comfortable shoes   No word on whether there might be raiin, but it will be clear throuh Friday (light rain only on Wednesday).  I will check the weather for you on Tuesday or Wednesday and let you know what they are forecasting for the 1st at that time, so watch for a reply.

Please be careful. You will be in New Orleans, and we are not known for our personal safety in the Quarter.  Stay only on the main drag - don't drift down the side streets, and hang onto any handbags or whatever.  Be aware of your surroundings.  Hope you have a wonderful time.

Valued Contributor

@Perkup  Thank you SO much!!  We will be in New Orleans -- then outside -- then coming back.  We are staying at the Hotel Monteleone first and then the Ritz Carlton.  Your information was incredibly helpful.  Thanks again!!!!

Regular Contributor

I live here and the weather now has been different from other years. It has been a tad chilly and I'm wearing a sweater at night. This week it has been in the 70's with cool nights and low humidity. Everything is blooming and my allergies are off the chart. I would pack a little of everything, pants, cardigan, tops / tees  and sandals. Get a pedicure Smiley Happy

If you are going out to dinner, and you should , bring a nice Spring dress or skirt, comfy shoes and don't bring good jewelry.I  hope you enjoy our city, don't go out to the quarter late, eat well, shop on Magazine Street, Have fun ! 

Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330 

I live in the New Orleans area, and I'm still comfortable in jeans rather than shorts.  But that all depends on the climate you're used to at home.  My son who lives in Chicago strips down to a tee shirt in December when he visits because it feels so mild compared to what he's become used to.  The temps have been up and down, so I listed the predicted weather conditions for the few days preceding your visit to give you an idea.  This is from our local TV station, which is usually pretty accurate.  Be sure to bring a raincoat or umbrella - our "showers" are more like downpours. Bring a light jacket or coverup for evenings.  Weatherwise, this is a great time of year to visit New Orleans!  We haven't gotten into the heat and humidity yet, and the wet, damp winter days are over.  Hope you have a great time!

• Thu Thursday March 28
    Partly Cloudy
    High 75°
    Low 55°
    Rain 0%

• Fri Friday March 29
    Partly Cloudy
    78°
    61°
    Rain 20%

• Sat Saturday March 30
    Showers