Honored Contributor

A few months ago Grandinroad had a sale with free shipping for 50% off one item.  I always wanted a door swag from them, but didn't want to shell out the $$ to get one.

Since the price was more affordable with this sale, I ordered one and hung it on my door, the first day of spring.  When I was getting my mail, one of my neighbors commented on the swag and asked where I got it.

Long story short.  She ordered an expensive wreath from Grandinroad and got it yesterday.  She placed it on her front door and it was gone this morning.  It appears someone stole it.  

I have mine between a locked screen door and my front door.  She has no screen door, but she has a covered porch.  Some people sure have the nerve to steal from others...what's wrong with them?

Honored Contributor

Sadly, in this day and age a lot is wrong with people. I've noticed fewer lawn and holiday decor being put out. It is really a shame. We don't all live in gated communities or have security. 

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

A few months ago Grandinroad had a sale with free shipping for 50% off one item.  I always wanted a door swag from them, but didn't want to shell out the $$ to get one.

Since the price was more affordable with this sale, I ordered one and hung it on my door, the first day of spring.  When I was getting my mail, one of my neighbors commented on the swag and asked where I got it.

Long story short.  She ordered an expensive wreath from Grandinroad and got it yesterday.  She placed it on her front door and it was gone this morning.  It appears someone stole it.  

I have mine between a locked screen door and my front door.  She has no screen door, but she has a covered porch.  Some people sure have the nerve to steal from others...what's wrong with them?

Recomment the Ring - or similar - doorbell  Send the video of the theft to the police.

Respected Contributor

Lots of nut jobs out there. Like the freak who threw the 5 year old over the rail at the Mall of America. 

My buddy put a cute planter on her porch in Chicago and it was gone in 24 hours 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie, I am sorry for your neighbor’s theft.  Unfortunately, as an elderly woman, I can verify that ethical values have declined.  There are many times when I am watching the news I feel like I am living on another planet.  Life was not perfect back then, but nowhere like it is now.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Are you sure someone stole it?  Or are you assuming that since it wasn't there this morning?  I'm just wondering if she might have taken it down for some reason (weather forecast, not going to be home, etc.)

Honored Contributor

In this day and age, people are stealing stuff they can pawn / sell for cash.   I sincerely doubt the stolen wreath is hanging on the door of the person who took it.  That wreath looked expensive, and has been sold to support someone’s drug habit.   

Respected Contributor

Stealing right from your front door on your private property is getting pretty personal and bold. Some have no moral values, no conscience and no standards of conduct they live by and not just in the area of stealing.  It's getting scary. Can't remember anything even near this level in my 71 years.  It's daily - not pleasant to even listen to the news.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie 

We had high winds and a tornado touched down in a certain part of PA. We also

lost power for most of the day with a tree down.

Did you have strong winds where it could have blown off an unsecured door? One

time I thought  I lost a decoration until I walked around my property and found it

among some bushes.