Respected Contributor

Re: New Macy’s return policy

I placed an order last week. It says return available until June 14. It was a sport coat, trousers, and shoes for my son for graduation. Hopefully.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I placed an order last week. It says return available until June 14. It was a sport coat, trousers, and shoes for my son for graduation. Hopefully.

@RollTide2008 

Congradulations!!!  I know you and your family are proud!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed another order over the phone today and asked about the return policy.  She said it is now 30 days from the day you receive your order.  So if buying in store it would be the day of purchase.  Thank you gidgetgh for bringing this to our attention!!

Respected Contributor

I don't think 30 days is long enough at all...so many post on here that they couldn't return something to Q because it was past the 30 day policy. I think the short time is by design so people are forced to waste money on something that they can't use. So many post that they have to donate something due to something that the size was not what they ordered, etc. I am especially careful of buying electrical things like appliances; something like that should work longer than 30 days. If it quits on day 31, guess you are out of luck. It is easy to pass you off to the manufacturer, but that can be another adventure. I just avoid any 30 day return policies unless it is company I trust. 

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I don't think 30 days is long enough at all...so many post on here that they couldn't return something to Q because it was past the 30 day policy. I think the short time is by design so people are forced to waste money on something that they can't use. So many post that they have to donate something due to something that the size was not what they ordered, etc. I am especially careful of buying electrical things like appliances; something like that should work longer than 30 days. If it quits on day 31, guess you are out of luck. It is easy to pass you off to the manufacturer, but that can be another adventure. I just avoid any 30 day return policies unless it is company I trust. 

RE:QVC or HSN

that is the beauty of buying something when the holiday return policies go into effect (usually mid september.) you will have 4 months+ to use an item and then return it if it is defective or stops working. 

if you purchase an electrical item from QVC and it stops working within a certain period of time, try calling QVC customer service OR try calling the company directly. i would think that they would make good on the purchase if it is within say a year. it never hurts to try.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think a 4 month return policy, for any retailer, is ridiculous.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I think a 4 month return policy, for any retailer, is ridiculous.

I do too. For me, 30 days is usually 28/29 more days than I need! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Same as Belk -- returns now 30 days instead of 90 days.

Honored Contributor

Love the 30 day policy, it is plenty of time to return or exchange an item. 90 days is often abused by people, they wear it or use it and then take it back. Not anymore. I feel sorry for many retailers.

Super Contributor

The online order I placed on Saturday says I have a 90 day return policy.  It was on the e-mail order that the item has shipped.  I'm confused now.