Honored Contributor

I made a purchase at Macy's today and when I checked out, the associate said she wanted to make me aware of their new return policy.  

It is now 30 days.  She said it used to be 90 days.

I have no idea when it changed, but she made it sound as though it is a recent change.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: New Macy’s return policy

Thanks for sharing.  30 days is certainly long enough to know if you like something or not.

Honored Contributor

We want you to love your purchase, but if you are not completely satisfied, we gladly accept most returns by mail and in stores within 30 days of purchase for free. Returned items must be in original, saleable condition with original tags. Shipping and delivery fees are non-refundable.

Any new or gently used Cosmetic or Fragrance product purchased at Macy's that does not meet your needs will be accepted for return.

• Items purchased in a store must be returned to a store.
  • Items purchased online can be returned by mail or to a store.
  • Items shipped and sold by sellers must be returned to the seller.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Thanks for sharing.  30 days is certainly long enough to know if you like something or not.

@brandiwine 

Perhaps in anti ageing.  I can try on an item and know immediately if it's going back.

Super Contributor

I placed an online order the other day. I just looked at my order and it says last day for a return in June 20, 2023

Honored Contributor

I was told jewelry and special occasion dresses only 30 days. I checked my history on new purchases of pants, tops and shoes, also lingerie all say 90 day return on website. I am in New York.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I was told jewelry and special occasion dresses only 30 days. I checked my history on new purchases of pants, tops and shoes, also lingerie all say 90 day return on website. I am in New York.

@Trinity11 - what I bought today was a purse. Receipt shows 30 days.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 - what I bought today was a purse. Receipt shows 30 days.

Thanks for the heads up @gidgetgh . Problem with 30 days is they take two weeks for a lot of my packages to even arrive.

Honored Contributor

30 days is more than generous for returns.  

Esteemed Contributor

Assuming it is notification of the end of the Christmas/Holiday return  policy of  90 days......back to 30 days.............................