Honored Contributor

@BrittanyRomance wrote:

I work in Human Resources at my company so I have some idea how these things work.  I have watched QVC for over 20 years and I love all the hosts!!!  They do a very good job of making us feel like we are family and I love that.  I actually care for them and get the feeling that they are my friends.  They intentionally do this- and I love it.  If I was walking thru Macys and some random girl at the counter asked me if I was looking for something I would just ignore her and keep walking.  But if I know her and she is my friend then I am more prone to stop and listen to her and take her advice about a product.  So good job QVC!  But recently our local Christian TV station replaced the main host and never said anything about it.  I even called them and asked where they went and they wouldn't tell me.  This means they were fired.  If it was something planned they would have prepped us for it, and if it was an emergency- they would still have some sort of parting tribute.  When they do nothing it means there was either a massive argument with management or they were fired.  As much as I love QVC, I HATE that they do this too.  It's especially wrong considering they spent so much time and effort to get us emotionally invested in the hosts on QVC.  When a host is there one day and gone the next- it can only mean one thing.  On the flip side- I love all the new hosts!!!  There are 2 blonde girls on Nights that I really love.  But... this means that they are planning on getting rid of people or creating a situation where a host is going to leave.  I usually spend 1000's of dollars at Christmas on QVC but this last year I spent nothing because of host issue like this.  I urge QVC to be more honest with it's viewers!!!!  As I am watching this Sandra Bennett is on TV and I love her but for all I know she could be gone tomorrow and we will never know why.  Why would I want to buy a Cottage Farms Butterfly Bush from someone who does that to people?

@BrittanyRomance  - You and I are very different in our shopping habits (underlined above).  If I'm walking in a store and someone asks me if I'm looking for something, I would never ignore someone because I didn't know him/her.  I would tell them no-thanks and go on my way.

Also, you said you normally spend thousands at Xmas due to the hosts.  I spend money based on the products I like regardless of who is presenting them.  '

Lastly, with you working in HR,  I would think that you know that a company can't announce to the public why an employee is leaving and where they are going - should they happen to leave.  I'm surprised you expect QVC to talk about an employee's personal business.

Esteemed Contributor

Working as a host at QVC really can't be compared to working behind the counter at Macy's, although some posters do like to equate the two.

The girl behind the counter isn't performing in front of a television camera and probably doesn't have a contract.  

New Contributor

WHO WAS THE NEW HOST ON WITH MALLY COSMETICS ON 2/28/19? i KNOW HER FROM A TELEVISION SHOW.  CAN NOT REMEMBER WHERE I HAVE SEEN HER.  SHE IS A DOLL, GREAT PERSONALITY AND GREAT IN HER PRODUCT PRESENTATION.  PLEASE KEEP HER.  SHE IS DEFINITELY MORE SINCERE IN HER PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE.